Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Huh...was this the plan all along? The ole Jennings in St Louis plan?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Players who tense up and fall apart in hard situations don't generally make it to the major leagues. They get weeded out way earlier than that.

I'm guessing Miley was just a decoy and is starting game 6? I thought it was beyond strange they were using him here on short rest. Sure hope Davies is ready because I think he is going to have to pitch 3 or 4 innings.

God bless Counsell, but I'm worried he's getting way too cute now.

EDIT: Ok, obviously we know why Miley just pitched to one batter, but now I'm wondering if this was really a Woodruff/Davies game and Miley is going to go on regular rest in Game 6. I can see the strategy there.

I think Miley is going to be the starting pitcher Friday.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I have deleted a few posts. Please move on from that play. You do not win the anonymous internet posting battle in the 1st inning. Bide your time, maintain leverage and strike in innings 7 through 9. The Greeks knew this, the Carthaginians knew this....now you know it.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Woodruff was warming up that whole time and the announcers or cameras were to blind to notice?

Was he? Or did he warm up prior to the game? I'm not watching so don't know.

Archived