Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-17 (NLCS Game #5): Brewers (Miley) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 4:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Eye Black

HIPv5ao.jpg

HIPvYJS.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Dodgers Lineup

1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF 1. Cody Bellinger (L) CF

2. Christian Yelich (L) RF 2. Justin Turner ® 3B

3. Ryan Braun ® LF 3. David Freese ® 1B

4. Jesús Aguilar ® 1B 4. Manny Machado ® SS

5. Hernán Pérez ® 2B 5. Max Muncy (L) 2B

6. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B 6. Chris Taylor ® LF

7. Erik Kratz ® C 7. Enrique Hernández ® RF

8. Orlando Arcia ® SS 8. Austin Barnes ® C

9. Wade Miley (L) P 9. Clayton Kershaw (L) P[/pre]

Link: Brewers Game Notes

TV Broadcast on FS1

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope they can recover from this better than I'm proving to be able to.

As said, miley 5, woody 3, jeffress 1 scary inning. That's really all we got. Going to need 8 more amazing innings from this crazy hodge podge group.

Have to try to work Kershaw and get into their pen. They are about as used up as we are.

No reason they can’t knock around Kershaw again. While it would be nice to win I hope we can avoid 2,000 “must-win” posts before and “the world is ending” is we lose. We can beat them two games in a row...it would just be nicer to not necessarily have to do so.

Wonder what injury attempt Machado will try in the final home game. So far he's 2/2

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Sick to my stomach. Think we blew this thing this morning. Original prediction was Dodgers in 6 and will stick with that. I think our magic is up. Kershaw, Buehler and Ryu and we have to win two. We just did that, doubt we do it twice. That's getting pretty unrealistic.

Why not? In Game 6 we can bullpen it and that has proven to be better than any starter we face. To be honest we could turn around and do exactly the same in Game 7 if we want. It is a three game series at this point...total crapshoot. We get to see the same pitchers we just faced recently. Could help the offense do something.

Whoever wins tonight might have a slight edge, but winning two games in a row against anyone really isn't much of a feat to overcome, especially if at home. I have watched the Brewers beat Kershaw, Bumgarner, and Kluber in person. Suter hit a homer off Kluber, garbage Schoop hit a grand slam off Bumgarner, and Woodruff took Kershaw deep. I think anything can happen at this point.

At some point you look at this team and realize it is good and can hang with anybody. And in three games? The worst team in the league could best the Dodgers 2/3. Pretty sure we can think about that and not have it be unrealistic especially at home.

Cain and Yelich have killed this offense. Unfair? Maybe but that’s October baseball. There’s a reason Reggie is a star amd ARod is a joke.

There are other offenders too. Moose might happily accept his half of the option now assuming he doesn’t pop up the pen before he can sign the contract. Gio’s one inning was the difference in the game and will be remembered in Brewer history as such.

Of course I will point out I’m pretty salty getting no sleep watching these guys.

In absolutely NO WAY should the Brewers retaliate against Machado. That's for next year. To me, this is a must win. Yes, I know it's not technically a must win but I think you have to give yourself two shots at home to win 1 game. To me....tonight is the series.

In absolutely NO WAY should the Brewers retaliate against Machado. That's for next year. To me, this is a must win. Yes, I know it's not technically a must win but I think you have to give yourself two shots at home to win 1 game. To me....tonight is the series.

Win 2 of the next 3, and manage to keep him off the bases a few times, and that is the perfect retaliation.

It was a tough loss but I'm surprised at the level of doom and gloom considering we have a tied series and home field advantage. The kid gloves will have to come off the pen arms and some guys will have to step up. We are just a few swings away from either team sweeping the other in this series. Very evenly matched and, frankly, being tied 2-2 against what is probably the better team is a great position to be in right now.

I do think this series is exposing the need for TOR arm to help save the bullpen every few days.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I do think this series is exposing the need for TOR arm to help save the bullpen every few days.

The bullpen is fine. Our pitching has been amazing...the offense has wet the bed, they are the real problem. That is the bigger problem moving forward for next year too. Moustakas is likely gone, Schoop is likely gone, and Arcia still sucks. Yelich won't be a god and Cain may see regression and who knows about Braun. Don't forget we probably won't get another AS half season from Aguilar and our catching situation is still sad offensively.

But that is for November conversations.

It was a tough loss but I'm surprised at the level of doom and gloom considering we have a tied series and home field advantage. The kid gloves will have to come off the pen arms and some guys will have to step up. We are just a few swings away from either team sweeping the other in this series. Very evenly matched and, frankly, being tied 2-2 against what is probably the better team is a great position to be in right now.

I really like your perspective on this. We are tied 2-2. Against the LA Dodgers. In the NLCS. The pitching has been otherworldly good.

I was beside myself after the game last night, and didn't wake up feeling much better about it this morning. But you know what ... today is a new day, and now it's a 3-game series this team has to take 2 of. The odds are surely not insurmountable by any means.

I'm tempted to say that the Brewers should try to find a way to start Santana in RF today.

Cain was 3-5 in Game 1 though and don't really think we should bench him anyway. Only other option would be benching Aguilar and moving Braun to 1st (no way they bench Braun), but Santana is seeing the ball really well right now so I wouldn't be opposed to this.

Could go:

Cain

Yelich

Braun

Santana

Moustakas

Perez

Kratz

Arcia

Miley

It would be nice if the Top 6 guys outside of Braun remembered how to hit again. Yesterday's offense was just about as inept as I can ever remember, I had no hope that anyone was going to come up with the big hit. The closest ones were probably the deep flies by Shaw and Granderson buts its not like those were even up against the wall.

So tired this morning.

Hope you are right. But this mornings game seems like it will be the focal point of some Dodgers special release championship DVD.

Wow man ... I know you are down after game 4, but geez. Can you please lighten up on the pessimism? The series is tied 2-2.

I don't see a lot of reason for optimism at that moment. It is tied 2-2 and really should be a 4-0 sweep or at worst 3-1. We threw every arm in a 13 inning loss and wasted a brilliant performance from Guerra who now cannot be used today if needed, along with Peralta, Hader and you'd have to think Knebel.

Our offense was flat-out embarrassing and now has to face three studs with one loss to give. I'd rather drop an 8-2 fart than do what we did last night. This series has been immensely frustrating to watch. If we lose it, I'm not going to have that "Aw shucks, heck of a season, boys!" attitude. I'll spend all winter thinking about how we really should have won it. That is the difference.

Last night was anemic but I am really getting sick of watching Aguilar hack with 2 strikes. Feels like I am watching a gif loop.

I'm tempted to say that the Brewers should try to find a way to start Santana in RF today.

Cain was 3-5 in Game 1 though and don't really think we should bench him anyway. Only other option would be benching Aguilar and moving Braun to 1st (no way they bench Braun), but Santana is seeing the ball really well right now so I wouldn't be opposed to this.

Could go:

Cain

Yelich

Braun

Santana

Moustakas

Perez

Kratz

Arcia

Miley

How long has it been since Braun played 1B though? I don't see that as an option.

If you start Santana, it means you bench Cain, Yelich or Braun. In quite possibly what is going to be the biggest game this team has played to date (Game 163 withstanding). I just can't see that happening. While Cain is probably the one who could use a breather the most, you are making a pretty big downgrade defensively playing Yelich in CF. In that cavernous ballpark, I want Cain there.

The offense was brutal last night but so was LA's. If you look at both line ups, there's only a couple dudes that are doing anything on either team. I openly admit, I'm a glass is half empty as they come guy, but LA fans are probably thinking the exact same thing we are.

Archived