Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-16 (NLCS Game #4): Brewers (González) at Dodgers (Hill) 8:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1 -- 13 Innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The pitching cannot be this good for either side. This is more evidence that mlb today is all about a lucky blast or two. I wonder what the old timers think watching these guys not be able to hit a lick. Plus can't bunt. Nobody hit and runs anymore. Just wait for someone to hit one out. Fun.

Can we DL Gio and bring up another pitcher?

If so is there a 10 day DL limiting his WS eligibility?

Thought someone said if you remove an injured player from your roster in the playoffs he can't return later. Not that Gio would be an enormous loss from the World Series roster.

The pitching cannot be this good for either side. This is more evidence that mlb today is all about a lucky blast or two. I wonder what the old timers think watching these guys not be able to hit a lick. Plus can't bunt. Nobody hit and runs anymore. Just wait for someone to hit one out. Fun.

Are you John Smoltz? [sarcasm]Shouldn’t you be doing color commentary right now?[/sarcasm]

Thought someone said if you remove an injured player from your roster in the playoffs he can't return later. Not that Gio would be an enormous loss from the World Series roster.

You are done for the current series and the next series. In this case that would obviously be the WS.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Yes - the DL'd player is done for the current round and the subsequent round.

I think there is a good possibility of that. Gio would be done for the playoffs. Brewers could add Davies or Anderson, maybe?

Anderson hasn't thrown in a month. Davies is probably the safer call.

Has to miss the current series and the next.

I've said the same thing: no bunting, no stealing, no hit and runs--all that stuff we've done all season. I haven't seen any of that tonight until Braun stole a bag in the 10th

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The IGT for LA has to look pretty close to ours at this point.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Community Moderator

To me the problem is how slow a game with no action is taking. We're at 4.5 hours. At least the 5 hour World Series game last year had 25 runs scored.

Archived