Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-16 (NLCS Game #4): Brewers (González) at Dodgers (Hill) 8:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1 -- 13 Innings]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
My only prediction is that Pina goes yard.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also predict that the board will have a spirited discussion about at least one pitching move the Brewers make.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I also predict that the board will have a spirited discussion about at least one pitching move the Brewers make.

[sarcasm]That's going to be a tough one with the Gio Gonzalez CG shutout[/sarcasm]

This is Schoops chance to prove he is worth $10M next year. I can’t see the Brewers playing that if he isn’t a difference maker.

As far as I'm concerned, his slam off Bumgarner to give the Brewers that win against the Giants made the trade worthwhile, seeming that one game would have put us in the Wild Card round. Ortiz could develop into something, but I wouldn't say the chances are super high. Carmona is basically a shot in the dark, and Villar was a throw-in.

Anything he does now is justification for bringing him back next year. He's got an All Star past and has shown the offensive ability to carry a team on his back. It's time to see it.

Come on...you have to know it is silly to use one positive play to draw a conclusion, and ignore all other outcomes. That was +1 one game and minus 10 in the other. Yes I am exaggerating, but you get the point.

That is just completely wrong justification. Now pointing to his past...knock yourself out.

He essentially won the last game against the Padres too until Knebel melted down.

Kind of amazing the Brewers have done what they've done in this postseason given the relatively weak performances from Cain and Yelich. They've obviously had their moments but I would've thought they would both have to stay hot for us to make it this far.

Now imagine if they suddenly get hot.

Well, that was quick. Would like to see a little more patience from the offense.

I am guessing the scouting report says to attack Hill early in the count as you are more likely to see a good pitch. We'll see if that trend continues.

All three swung at the first pitch. I wonder if they were seeing something in previous appearances? Either way, it did not work this time. K, weak groundout, easy flyball.

Also, playoff Cain just seems different from regular season Cain. I don't know if it's because he's attacking the first pitch more often or what, but it just seems strange. We really need him and Yelich to get on track. At least Yeli has been able to get on base with walks, but since the first game against Colorado, he hasn't had a lot of solid contact. Still, go Crew! And don't walk the leadoff guy, Gio. Please?

Archived