Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-16 (NLCS Game #4): Brewers (González) at Dodgers (Hill) 8:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1 -- 13 Innings]

Eye Black
This is Schoops chance to prove he is worth $10M next year. I can’t see the Brewers playing that if he isn’t a difference maker.

As far as I'm concerned, his slam off Bumgarner to give the Brewers that win against the Giants made the trade worthwhile, seeming that one game would have put us in the Wild Card round. Ortiz could develop into something, but I wouldn't say the chances are super high. Carmona is basically a shot in the dark, and Villar was a throw-in.

Anything he does now is justification for bringing him back next year. He's got an All Star past and has shown the offensive ability to carry a team on his back. It's time to see it.

I’m not really questioning the trade because we have a IGT on October 16 which is all that matters, but after the euphoria of a deep play off run, the reality is you don’t pay a 2B $10M unless he is middle of the lineup type.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peralta is my secret weapon to start game 5 if they win tonight. Up 3-1 vs Kershaw at Dodger Stadium is perfect time for high risk/reward. Maybe it works and you win the series. If not, you have Miley and Chacin at home with normal rest.

I dont buy the rusty argument, and since the Dodgers chase high heat, perfect for Peralta.

This is Schoops chance to prove he is worth $10M next year. I can’t see the Brewers playing that if he isn’t a difference maker.

As far as I'm concerned, his slam off Bumgarner to give the Brewers that win against the Giants made the trade worthwhile, seeming that one game would have put us in the Wild Card round. Ortiz could develop into something, but I wouldn't say the chances are super high. Carmona is basically a shot in the dark, and Villar was a throw-in.

Anything he does now is justification for bringing him back next year. He's got an All Star past and has shown the offensive ability to carry a team on his back. It's time to see it.

Come on...you have to know it is silly to use one positive play to draw a conclusion, and ignore all other outcomes. That was +1 one game and minus 10 in the other. Yes I am exaggerating, but you get the point.

That is just completely wrong justification. Now pointing to his past...knock yourself out.

Come on...you have to know it is silly to use one positive play to draw a conclusion, and ignore all other outcomes. That was +1 one game and minus 10 in the other. Yes I am exaggerating, but you get the point.

That is just completely wrong justification. Now pointing to his past...knock yourself out.

Considering the black hole we had at 2B, is it really a negative outcome? I don't know if they were convinced that Shaw could handle 2B, so trading for Schoop was a Plan A/B in case it didn't.

Also, you can't tell me how I personally justify something. This team won the Central in a one-game tie break. If Schoop doesn't win that game against Bumgarner with the slam, they aren't there. Yeah, I wish that we had more to go on to justify the Schoop deal, but really that's it. It was a pretty big one, though. Hopefully he provides more justification tonight.

I am so glad we didn’t get Machado. I really wanted him but what a tool.

his nutpunch slides were over the line for me. so glad he's in LA, and not in milwaukee.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I’m not really questioning the trade because we have a IGT on October 16 which is all that matters, but after the euphoria of a deep play off run, the reality is you don’t pay a 2B $10M unless he is middle of the lineup type.

When he's on, that's what Schoop has proven to be. Unfortunately those streaks haven't been sustained nearly enough in his career, and not at all with the Brewers yet. It would certainly be nice to see him do something positive from here on out to at least provide an inkling of what he could be if back next year.

Anyone have “wild” predictions for tonight? Here are mine (maybe not so wild)...

1) This is the game where the top of the Brewers order comes alive. Cain, Yelich, Braun combine for 5+ hits.

2) Gio is pulled after the first time through the order.

3) The 8th and 9th innings are going to be stressful.

4) Brewers win, 5-4.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

One thing to contribute to the Schoop talk, have to remember that at the time they couldn't bank on anything from Arcia. If they'd know Arcia would come back as a competent hitter it changes their decision process. They were expecting him to need to start a bunch at SS.

When he's on, that's what Schoop has proven to be. Unfortunately those streaks haven't been sustained nearly enough in his career, and not at all with the Brewers yet. It would certainly be nice to see him do something positive from here on out to at least provide an inkling of what he could be if back next year.

Well he sustained it for nearly 700 PA last season.

$10M/season is not even a lot for a starting 2B in 2019. On the free agent market, that's "decent utility guy" money. It's a no brainer to bring him back.

Anyone have “wild” predictions for tonight? Here are mine (maybe not so wild)...

1) This is the game where the top of the Brewers order comes alive. Cain, Yelich, Braun combine for 5+ hits.

2) Gio is pulled after the first time through the order.

3) The 8th and 9th innings are going to be stressful.

4) Brewers win, 5-4.

My wild prediction: 2-HR night from Manny Pina

It’s about to be the craziest and exciting 24 hours of Brewers baseball in my lifetime

Good point. It’s exciting (and scary) to think that we are now just 24 hours away from one of three realities: 1) Brewers heading to the World Series; 2) Brewers on the verge of heading to the World Series coming back to Milwaukee to finish the series; 3) a BF.net implosion as we bemoan missed opportunities that have the Crew entering two must win games back at Miller Park.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Pain.jpg
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Momentum is entirely on the Brewers side going into this game. Hoping Gio starts strong and Woodruff/Burnes/Hader can pick up the rest.

Rich Hill is good but Brewers offense has delivered against the tougher pitchers in this series, no reason to suspect they don't keep it rolling tonight.

I'm going with Brewers win 5-2.

Archived