Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-16 (NLCS Game #4): Brewers (González) at Dodgers (Hill) 8:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1 -- 13 Innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The infield fly rule is designed to prevent double or triple plays by dropped popups. It does not apply when there is just a runner on 1st, guys. Dropping a pop to get the force at 2nd on a faster runner is done every year by some team and is perfectly legal.

I don't think I would use Hader here since the Dodgers are at home and you can save him for the classic save situation. I want no part of Jeffress in a close game today. Play this one conservatively imo.

Knebel is probably available if necessary.

Well, big moments now. If we lose tonight with Hader in the mound, we really open ourselves up for the swing game tomorrow. Damn offense.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Man that had a chance.

For the record the infield fly rule is stupid. Why are you allowed to turn a DP on a groundball but not a flyball, especially considering an infield fly means the pitcher owned the hitter

Wait...what? You cant be serious.

I don't think I would use Hader here since the Dodgers are at home and you can save him for the classic save situation. I want no part of Jeffress in a close game today. Play this one conservatively imo.

I highly doubt JJ is available, is he? I’m thinking Hader and Knebel are the options in this phase.

May be smarter but how often do we play in the NLCS? Let's act like champs who the other teams are scared of

Man that had a chance.

For the record the infield fly rule is stupid. Why are you allowed to turn a DP on a groundball but not a flyball, especially considering an infield fly means the pitcher owned the hitter

Wait...what? You cant be serious.

Well, why can you turn a DP on a groundball but not a flyball?

Archived