Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-16 (NLCS Game #4): Brewers (González) at Dodgers (Hill) 8:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1 -- 13 Innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Under the current model of limiting most of our pitchers to one trip through the order, Gio is ranked 12th out of 12 on the current staff. His biggest use is his left-handedness and dictating the Dodgers starting lineup. So yes, Gio is likely capped at 2-3 innings. Doubt they'll want to tempt fate and push him. He had a very short leash last time and there's no reason to give him a longer one now. The big question is, who follows Gio? It sounds like Woodruff will be the guy but I'm not so sure. The score after 3 might dictate who follows. I have a sneaking suspicion we might be surprised by the second out getter for the Brewers tonight.

I'm thinking your suspicion is Peralta. I think that is HIGHLY unlikely.

But many of the pitching moves they've made have completely flummoxed me, and they have worked for the team much more than not, so who knows?

;)

Let's hope Freddy is up to the challenge. He's really hard to hit, command just has to be there. He's a weapon and given the circumstances - he's needed.

What is the playoff rule on a hurt player? Can we get someone else tomorrow? Ideally someone useful.

I think Schoop hurt his ankle too.

If you replace a player they can't be on the roster the next series. Not that we would want him on the roster.

Archived