Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-16 (NLCS Game #4): Brewers (González) at Dodgers (Hill) 8:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1 -- 13 Innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys must expect the Brewer pitchers to be flawless the entire series?? It's ONE freaking run..If the offense can't score that off Rich hill, they don't deserve to win the game anyway.

I haven't read the thread, but I'm assuming it's more that Gio looks like butt so far than the fact he gave up one run that is worrying people.

You guys must expect the Brewer pitchers to be flawless the entire series?? It's ONE freaking run..If the offense can't score that off Rich hill, they don't deserve to win the game anyway.

Agreed 100%

However.... he was missing the glove by 1-2 plate widths almost every pitch. That is no bueno!

All you guys are so excited about Peralta coming in, and the thought of it scares the heck out of me. I sure as heck hope you are right.

We need to do something. Gio did the impossible and made the LA crowd excited about their team.

Other than Schoop, this was Stearns' worst trade.

Don't think we'll be able to evaluate the Schoop trade until next season. I don't even remember what we gave up for Gio.

Weirdly a lot, in perspective of what we got for 1 month. I mean just Gilbert Lara and KJ Harrison, but just the fact that we had to give up not one but two prospects that we actually know of was far more than I anticipated for a month of a nothingburger of a pitcher.

What was the thing Taylor was doing? Mocking someone for crying?

It was probably just some solidarity gesture he has with his teammates, like what everybody in the league does when they get on base.

All you guys are so excited about Peralta coming in, and the thought of it scares the heck out of me. I sure as heck hope you are right.

Scares me too, but I think doing it at this point in the series makes sense. We have a series lead, it is very early in the game, and we need some innings. Worst case scenario he bombs and the game is still likely salvageable. I'd rather see him here than the 6th or something.

It has more to do with strategy than anything else. The Dodgers started all their righthanders and we have a bunch of well rested quality right handed long guys/starters in the bullpen who need work, so it makes 0 sense to hang with the mediocre lefty for any longer than absolutely necessary.

I haven't read the thread, but I'm assuming it's more that Gio looks like butt so far than the fact he gave up one run that is worrying people.

Exactly, whether he gave up zero, one, or three runs that inning it was clear he didn’t have command of his pitches. With the stakes this high it isn’t worth trotting him out there again and expecting different results.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived