Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-15 (NLCS Game #3): Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Buehler) 6:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Chacín w/ 5.1 IP, 3 Hits, 0 Runs, 6 Ks; Arcia Goes Deep Again]

Eye Black
My 70 yr old dad texted me after Arica got the homerun - “jj has no business in this game” and I responded with “you ride the guys that got you here”. JJ warms up and I send “well here’s your pal, dad”... 2 hits later he sends “I hope you are happy...”. My response - “you ride the guys that got you here”... Bases loaded and my dad is literally losing it... my response - “YOU RIDE THE GUYS THAT GOT YOU HERE”. Strikeout finish game. 3x “YOU RIDE THE GUYS THAT GOT YOU HERE”. His response “stress test scheduled for tomorrow”

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are actually slight favorites tomorrow. Game 3 was the game we were not supposed to win.

I know the big thing was getting at least one of Games 3 or 4, but how huge would it be to take Game 4 tomorrow and put the Dodgers on the brink? Pressure on them increasing...

My 70 yr old dad texted me after Arica got the homerun - “jj has no business in this game” and I responded with “you ride the guys that got you here”. JJ warms up and I send “well here’s your pal, dad”... 2 hits later he sends “I hope you are happy...”. My response - “you ride the guys that got you here”... Bases loaded and my dad is literally losing it... my response - “YOU RIDE THE GUYS THAT GOT YOU HERE”. Strikeout finish game. 3x “YOU RIDE THE GUYS THAT GOT YOU HERE”. His response “stress test scheduled for tomorrow”

I'm sure your dad is a great guy, but he sounds like the type of fan that would not be fun to watch a game with. I just don't know how you can watch a game like last night's, in the NLCS (!!!), and only focus on the negatives.

I'm sure your dad is a great guy, but he sounds like the type of fan that would not be fun to watch a game with. I just don't know how you can watch a game like last night's, in the NLCS (!!!), and only focus on the negatives.

c'mon man...

:( :angry :rolleyes

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

10 to 7 Packers now in case anyone was wondering

The NFL Network will replay last night's Packers game this afternoon. I wish the MLB Channel did that. It would be so fun to rewatch this one playoff game again!

Hey guys, not trying to be a jerk here, but I personally don't care for Packers updates. That is a short Google away if I want to find it.

I was reading the Packers' game thread on another forum this morning and they kept talking about the Crew's game last night. I got a kick out of it. :)

I think that Puig at-bat woke Jeremy up. Man Puig is such a turd. Between Puig and Machado, the Dodgers have a big pile of turds.

There's a hot take if I ever saw one!

After Jeffress walked Puig, Jeremy stared him down to about halfway up to first base. I have no idea why he did that. Perhaps there is something to this "woke Jeremy up" thing. I mean, he really locked it in after that.

I think that Puig at-bat woke Jeremy up. Man Puig is such a turd. Between Puig and Machado, the Dodgers have a big pile of turds.

There's a hot take if I ever saw one!

After Jeffress walked Puig, Jeremy stared him down to about halfway up to first base. I have no idea why he did that. Perhaps there is something to this "woke Jeremy up" thing. I mean, he really locked it in after that.

Puig was trash talking Jeffress DURING the at-bat, yelling at him to throw him a strike (Harold Reynolds was all over it on MLB Network after the game). Then he basically started walking to 1B on ball 4 before the ball even hit the catcher's mitt. That was a poor call as well, as it looked pretty obvious to the naked eye that the ball caught the lower inside part of the plate.

Of course Jeffress then bore down and dominated Grandal and Dozier to end it.

10 to 7 Packers now in case anyone was wondering

The NFL Network will replay last night's Packers game this afternoon. I wish the MLB Channel did that. It would be so fun to rewatch this one playoff game again!

MLB Network has been doing that the last few days. They're playing last night's game right now

Archived