Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-15 (NLCS Game #3): Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Buehler) 6:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Chacín w/ 5.1 IP, 3 Hits, 0 Runs, 6 Ks; Arcia Goes Deep Again]

Eye Black
  • Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have off tomorrow, but work the next two days. Those late start times will suck. Especially if they are long games.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Orlando Arcia has transformed himself into a Brewers postseason legend after a terrible regular season and I love it. Drinking tonight was a good choice.

That HR he hit was absolutely insane. That was either at the very top and away corner of the plate...or off the plate...and at 97! Are you friggin kidding me! That's a pitch you foul off and hope for a better one...not one you hit out. Incredible piece of hitting there.

I think that Puig at-bat woke Jeremy up. Man Puig is such a turd. Between Puig and Machado, the Dodgers have a big pile of turds.

There's a hot take if I ever saw one!

Well Puig trash talked him during that at-bat, telling JJ to throw him a strike. After the walk (ball 4 was a gift) JJ proceeded to bear down and K Grandal and Dozier. And with the crap Machado has pulled in this series, he is most definitely a turd.

Counsell said multiple times, “we’re not just trying to win one game, we’re trying to win the series” when discussing Hader being removed. After Dave Roberts boasted so much about how big of an advantage it was not having to worry Hader on Saturday, I think Counsell saving Hader up four runs was absolutely the right call. I know it got hairy, and that wasn’t exactly fun, but now the Brewers hold the advantage in at least one of the next two days with Hader still available. Tomorrow if Woodruff or Burnes come in with a lead the Dodgers can’t completely swap their lineup with the threat of Hader looming. It is really a strategic advantage heading into tomorrow. If things don’t work out tomorrow you have a well rested Hader ready to go Wednesday.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I think that Puig at-bat woke Jeremy up. Man Puig is such a turd. Between Puig and Machado, the Dodgers have a big pile of turds.

Well Puig trash talked him during that at-bat, telling JJ to throw him a strike. After the walk (ball 4 was a gift) JJ proceeded to bear down and K Grandal and Dozier. And with the crap Machado has pulled in this series, he is most definitely a turd.

I didn't realize he did that...and I wasn't about to argue with ya.

I still haven't suggested actually benching him. I've said many times they're using him too much and that's a factor in his struggles. Give him 2 days rest and hope he's right tomorrow. Give someone else a little work.

How could Counsell be so smart so much of the time and do something so profoundly stupid now? This makes Yost look like a genius. OLIVE DRAKE WOULD BE A BETTER OPTION RIGHT NOW.

Yep. Never suggested. Not in the least.

Please explain how that contradicts what I'm saying about him needing more rest. It was a stubborn, forced move by CC and he nearly had an all-time Bill Buckner of managers moment there.

You literally suggested benching him for Oliver Drake.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I have off tomorrow, but work the next two days. Those late start times will suck. Especially if they are long games.

Afternoon game on Wednesday I thought...

Wednesday is a 4 pm game.

Oh. I guess i just assumed the late start for both since tuesday was late. That works though, will only miss about half an hour of wednesday then.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Counsell has said multiple times, “we’re not just trying to win one game, we’re trying to win the series” when discussing Hader being removed. After Dave Roberts boasted so much about how big of an advantage not having to worry Hader on Saturday, I think Counsell saving Hader up four runs was absolutely the right call. I know it got hairy, and that wasn’t exactly fun, but now the Brewers hold the advantage in at least one of the next two days with Hader still available. Tomorrow if Woodruff or Burnes come in with a lead the Dodgers can’t completely swap their lineup with the threat of Hader looming. It is really a strategic advantage heading into tomorrow. If things don’t work out tomorrow you have a well rested Hader ready to go Wednesday.

Agreed. We don't necessarily have to use Hader tomorrow, but the threat of him exists.

It's a shame Woodruff had to throw a bit. Makes me wonder if he'll be held out tomorrow and pitch behind Miley on Wednesday. Maybe we go GG, Peralta, Guerra tomorrow.

Counsell has said multiple times, “we’re not just trying to win one game, we’re trying to win the series” when discussing Hader being removed. After Dave Roberts boasted so much about how big of an advantage not having to worry Hader on Saturday, I think Counsell saving Hader up four runs was absolutely the right call. I know it got hairy, and that wasn’t exactly fun, but now the Brewers hold the advantage in at least one of the next two days with Hader still available. Tomorrow if Woodruff or Burnes come in with a lead the Dodgers can’t completely swap their lineup with the threat of Hader looming. It is really a strategic advantage heading into tomorrow. If things don’t work out tomorrow you have a well rested Hader ready to go Wednesday.

Agreed. We don't necessarily have to use Hader tomorrow, but the threat of him exists.

It's a shame Woodruff had to throw a bit. Makes me wonder if he'll be held out tomorrow and pitch behind Miley on Wednesday. Maybe we go GG, Peralta, Guerra tomorrow.

I just don't think they are comfortable inserting Peralta for any meaningful innings. I kinda get the feeling he's the designated mop-up guy. Also, Woody warmed up, but I don't think that excludes him from pitching tomorrow. Also, Burnes could be the first guy in tomorrow after GG as well.

Most Valuable Brewers today: Chacin, Arcia, Grandal.

:laughing

Grandal tanking in the postseason to not only help the Brewers win, but guarantee that we can sign him on an affordable free agent deal this offseason.

That would be so Puig, considering up until that walk I think he was 0-5 with 5K's against Jeffress

I just don't think they are comfortable inserting Peralta for any meaningful innings. I kinda get the feeling he's the designated mop-up guy. Also, Woody warmed up, but I don't think that excludes him from pitching tomorrow. Also, Burnes could be the first guy in tomorrow after GG as well.

Peralta is a beast against RHB, I don't see why he hasn't been used yet for the platoon advantage. Maybe he's the secret weapon for Game 4 or 5?

44.1 IP vs. RHB, .110/.209/.188/.397

And his fastball will give the Dodgers hitters whiplash after adjusting to Gio or Miley

When did "must win" become a taboo phrase on these boards?

I feel every playoff game is a "must win", and I won't apologize for that. lol

Thomas to Braun: Did you guys take this game as a must win and now you feel like you're playing with house money after this win tonight?

Braun: We take every game as a must win, that's why we've been so successful over the last 3 weeks . . .

One thing I don't think can be understated here is Kratz in the 9th. I'm not sure JJ gets it done without him. Multiple mound visits, but man I think those visits went a long way in helping JJ get out of that mess. I don't mean to take away from JJ, he executed and got the job done...but Kratz deserves a significant amount of credit for helping him through...in my opinion.

MVP! Can’t wait to see him hoist the trophy.

Agree on the worth of Kratz (not MVP yet)....

Kratz also got JJ strike 3 to end the game. He has very quick hands in bringing the ball naturally back in the zone. Underrated in getting pitchers off the edge strikes.

Archived