Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-15 (NLCS Game #3): Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Buehler) 6:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Chacín w/ 5.1 IP, 3 Hits, 0 Runs, 6 Ks; Arcia Goes Deep Again]

Eye Black
  • Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice win, now stop using Jeffress so much with such a looooong leash. Yikes.

It’s so sad to watch him go from so dominant to so...bad.

All is well that ends well! However, was he ever really dominant this year? Hader is dominant. Knebel is dominant when he's on. Axford was dominant for a year. But JJ has always struck a delicate balance. He's more like the Brewers version of K-Rod. You could see him go from all-star to scrub to all-star again from year-to-year, depending on his BABIP and FB:HR ratio and other luck stats. He was dominant before being traded to Texas but now he's just a good finesse pitcher who is going to be vulnerable at times.

Shutout the Dodgers in their park...that's a heckuva game. Wasn't always pretty, but a bit of perspective is in order...LA is a very good baseball team and they are going to get runners on base.

For all that the Brewers' starters were supposed to be the weak link, that's back to back great starts from Miley and Chacin in the NLCS. Anyone who says they saw that coming in April, well I don't believe you.

How could Counsell be so smart so much of the time and do something so profoundly stupid now? This makes Yost look like a genius. OLIVE DRAKE WOULD BE A BETTER OPTION RIGHT NOW.

Holy overreaction Batman! You have been pretty high and mighty with your criticisms tonight, and this staff just pitched a shutout in Dodger Stadium.

Not backing down from that one. He's been awful. You just expect opponents to score 2-3 runs against him every single time out. You feel lucky every time it's just 2! It's really the Drake/Feliz feeling every time out at this point.

As I said earlier, JJ's stuff looked great. Breakaball was nasty, fastball was 96, cutter was tailing incredibly. He just wasn't get the pitches where he wanted them until the last three guys.

This. I’d prefer JJ not be the last line of defense in his next appearance, but he had some vintage JJ stuff tonight.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If you can't bring Jeffress in a 4 run game then he shouldn't be on the roster. He needs to get his mojo going.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived