Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-15 (NLCS Game #3): Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Buehler) 6:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Chacín w/ 5.1 IP, 3 Hits, 0 Runs, 6 Ks; Arcia Goes Deep Again]

Eye Black
Hell, if they pitch well (I'm not saying shutout, necessarily, just "well"), you get through game 4 or 5 with Gio/Miley, Woodruff, and Barnes and that's it. I wouldn't worry about burning Hader here. I also wouldn't worry about bringing someone else in.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they win tonight and go up 2-1, I'd prefer the next two starts for Miley and Chacin be made on normal rest - that would be games 6 and 7. Tomorrow sets up like a Gio/Woodruff start with almost everyone available (ideally Gio goes long enough to at least get 1 AB), then a win tomorrow and you have a game 4 gravy Peralta start with Hader looming if needed.

Omg shut up about our bullpen!!!!SHUT UP!!! My god!!! Can they talk about anything else in this game.

I can guarantee that the postgame show will rip on the bullpen use and give no credit to the Brewers staff as a whole.

I’m not watching that garbage again. They do it everytime. They will complain they entire time that our starter only went five and we used Hader and then say how we have two more game in two days. It is just endless.

“They’re overextending their bullpen!”

This is a real life fact: the Dodgers bullpen has pitched more innings than the Brewers bullpen in this series.

Exactly, I was going to say the same thing. Let's just get two in here and have it over with. Can use Guerra and everyone can relax

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Well yeah, he isn't as effective, so it is not CC's preference to use him that way. Why do we need to stop saying that?

Because I'm sure everyone would prefer he pitched back-to-back. Preference makes it sound like he just can't be bothered to do it.

That was to whoever said that he struggles against RHB or something like that.

I said he's mortal against RHB's. What's wrong with that? He is good either way, but he really makes his case for greatness against LHB's.

Also, the point was that not only that the Dodgers get to use their RHB's against Hader when you save him to the end; it's that they also get to leave their LHB's in to face Knebel, Soria, Burnes, etc. So it's a double penalty of not getting the best possible match-ups. I prefer Hader as a wild card to keep them guessing or make them make a difficult decision.

“They’re overextending their bullpen!”

This is a real life fact: the Dodgers bullpen has pitched more innings than the Brewers bullpen in this series.

Exactly, I was going to say the same thing. Let's just get two in here and have it over with. Can use Guerra and everyone can relax

When they say bullpen, they mean Hader - the really don't care about anyone else even though they absolutely should

Archived