Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-15 (NLCS Game #3): Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Buehler) 6:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Chacín w/ 5.1 IP, 3 Hits, 0 Runs, 6 Ks; Arcia Goes Deep Again]

Eye Black
  • Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Hader will never pitch back to back games. There are two options here:

1) Let him pitch now to lock up this game, and be available for game 5.

2) Let someone else finish this game, then have Hader available for either game 4 OR 5. Not both.

There are reasonable arguments for each, I have zero problem with this.

Hader has pitched back to back numerous times this year. It simply isn't true that he can't do it. It may not be the preference, but he has, and I imagine he will this postseason if it is needed and Day 1 is light work.

We need to stop saying "preference" too. (Not picking on you OSS, as its been a few times). He isn't as effective so doesn't do it much. But he does do it.

Those righties really had an advantage against Hader.

He meant it would give the Brewers' RHP relievers a big advantage later on if Hader was in their first and LAD ph'ed for their LHB's earlier. If that's what you're referring to.

That was to whoever said that he struggles against RHB or something like that.

I said he's mortal against RHB's. What's wrong with that? He is good either way, but he really makes his case for greatness against LHB's.

Those righties really had an advantage against Hader.

He meant it would give the Brewers' RHP relievers a big advantage later on if Hader was in their first and LAD ph'ed for their LHB's earlier. If that's what you're referring to.

Correct. I was referring that once Hader forces the RH into the lineup, it gives the Knebels/Sorias/Jeffress an advantage later on when they face those righties instead of lefties earlier in the game

Arcia hitting home runs and showing plate discipline? What strange hell is this?
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Use the easy button. Its 4-0 not 9-0. Dodgers scored lots of runs late the first two games right? Let Hader roll, win the game and go up 2-1.

What do you do if they get a couple runners on? Jeffress? No, dont screw around win the game. Hader available for game 5. I just dont see the downside.

Can someone just let me know how the series turns out, since it seems to be a foregone conclusion that we have a late lead both tomorrow and Wednesday in ideal situations for Hader to pitch?

We obviously don’t know if the Brewers will be leading or not, but having Hader available completely changes how the Dodgers are able to manage their lineup which, in my opinion, gives the Brewers a better chance at having a lead late tomorrow and/or Wednesday.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Hader will never pitch back to back games. There are two options here:

1) Let him pitch now to lock up this game, and be available for game 5.

2) Let someone else finish this game, then have Hader available for either game 4 OR 5. Not both.

There are reasonable arguments for each, I have zero problem with this.

Hader has pitched back to back numerous times this year. It simply isn't true that he can't do it. It may not be the preference, but he has, and I imagine he will this postseason if it is needed and Day 1 is light work.

We need to stop saying "preference" too. (Not picking on you OSS, as its been a few times). He isn't as effective so doesn't do it much. But he does do it.

Well yeah, he isn't as effective, so it is not CC's preference to use him that way. Why do we need to stop saying that?

Use the easy button. Its 4-0 not 9-0. Dodgers scored lots of runs late the first two games right? Let Hader roll, win the game and go up 2-1.

What do you do if they get a couple runners on? Jeffress? No, dont screw around win the game. Hader available for game 5. I just dont see the downside.

This is where I am. Put yourself in the best position to win now. Deal with tomorrow, tomorrow.

Archived