Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-15 (NLCS Game #3): Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Buehler) 6:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Chacín w/ 5.1 IP, 3 Hits, 0 Runs, 6 Ks; Arcia Goes Deep Again]

Eye Black
  • Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They seem very hesitant to use Hader in back to back games. If that is the case pitching him tonight makes sense then you get to use him in games 3 and 5.

This.

But give someone else the 8th, with a very short leash, to save him pitches so he’s good for game 5.

Seems like an ideal situation to get JJ’s confidence back...

I am not Shea Vucinich

Having Hader “available” completely changes the moves the Dodgers are able to make with their lineup tomorrow night. I think you go for the jugular by trying to win without him tonight and having him available tomorrow to keep them guessing on when he is coming out to pitch.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Absolutely NOT to using Hader tonight...that would be the dumbest decision CC has made..gotta have him available for tomm and Wednesday

He doesn't like going consecutive games. I think I'd give him Pederson and Muncy and have him for 2-3 innings on Wednesday.

He doesn't like it but he can do it. Especially if they are one inning outings, or he throws 15 pitches in one, etc.

I hate using Hader in this game unless guys get on. It is tossing a potentially massive advantage out the window.

Absolutely NOT to using Hader tonight...that would be the dumbest decision CC has made..gotta have him available for tomm and Wednesday

He doesn't like going consecutive games. I think I'd give him Pederson and Muncy and have him for 2-3 innings on Wednesday.

If the Brewers are one inning away from clinching a trip to the World Series Wednesday...he'll pitch the 9th.

He doesn't like it but he can do it. Especially if they are one inning outings, or he throws 15 pitches in one, etc.

I hate using Hader in this game unless guys get on. It is tossing a potentially massive advantage out the window.

If you somehow end up using him in only 1 of these 3 games, that would be throwing away a massive advantage too. I slightly prefer making sure you use him today and then know you have him for multiple innings Wednesday.

The hard part about using him for a few batters and relying on other in the 9th...what if the dodgers get a rally going? Who's your stopper? Knebel is gone and I'm not sure I want Jeffress in a key spot today. I feel like it's all or nothing with Hader...once he's in, he's finishing the game.

Archived