Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-15 (NLCS Game #3): Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Buehler) 6:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Chacín w/ 5.1 IP, 3 Hits, 0 Runs, 6 Ks; Arcia Goes Deep Again]

Eye Black
  • Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While it is nice to have some breathing room here, this Dodgers lineup is so good, I don't know if any lead would feel safe.

4-0 with 8 outs to go is not anywhere in the vicinity of safe.

Yes it is, 95% visitor winning percentage

https://gregstoll.dyndns.org/~gregstoll/baseball/stats.html#H.-4.7.1.1

Cool. What is the percentage at 3-0 in the 7th? Or 6-1 in the 8th?

The %s can take a hike in October as far as I'm concerned.

Who though? Soria has been up and down. Burnes was great before his poor outing Saturday. Guerra has been superb, but they don't seem to want to use him in high leverage spots. Cedeno has been iffy. There is no way they throw Peralta out there unless it's a 5-6 run lead I think.

Any of those guys are fine options against the bottom of the order. I would definitely want a RH pitcher. At this point it's moot because they went with knebel.

Also, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. You don't trust guys and don't use them when you have a golden opportunity, and then you blame them when they finally get in a game and aren't sharp. I would like to see them get a little work with 3-4 run leads. Knebel, Hader, and JJ are fine. Got no problem with them. But it's the lack of work and trust for anyone else that worries me.

ETA: Glad to be wrong about Knebel there, but the issue of not keeping other guys sharp could come back to bite them.

I think at 4 runs, you go with Hader for 2. It would really be nice to put up a couple runs in the 8th and be able to try someone like Guerra instead...or at least go with Soria for 1 and then Hader for only 1.

That's greedy I know, but nothing wrong with being a little greedy.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Wow, that was a terrific bunt.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

These amber alerts are pissing me off. It's like 200 miles from milwaukee and everyone time they put the one that covers up the whol escreen the cable goes black i have to change the channel to get it back.

I got it once and I am pretty close.

Archived