Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-15 (NLCS Game #3): Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Buehler) 6:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Chacín w/ 5.1 IP, 3 Hits, 0 Runs, 6 Ks; Arcia Goes Deep Again]

Eye Black
  • Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't care if we win tonight or tomorrow but we need to win one of them. I know we just roughed up Kershaw pretty good but I have no interest in having to win a Game #5 against him in Dodger Stadium to get back to Milwaukee.

Pretty much my thought as well. Win at least one of the next two and take it from there.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

forecast appears to call for variable winds from the northish at 7-13 mph during the course of the game, diminishing with time...I believe that's blowing in at their ballpark, although it's tough to gauge how that plays in Chavez Ravine...

Winds are getting quite strong and blowing in. The team that hits best with RISP will likely take this one. Can't be long ball dependent today. It's just math and it doesn't guarantee anything but if I'm not mistaken, the Dodgers were more dependent on HRs to score runs this year.

Based on the early videos being posted of the strong Santa Ana winds gusting in at Dodger Stadium it should be a very tough hitting environment tonight. Hopefully Chacín can limit the walks and pitch with the confidence of knowing most balls hit in the air tonight are going to be outs.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I'm feeling oddly confident about this game. For every reason there is to put doubt in our minds about the Brewers chances there's a reason to give the Brewers the edge. There's a lot of talent on the field with these two clubs; both teams are fighting for every AB. It's super entertaining.

Based on the early videos being posted of the strong Santa Ana winds gusting in at Dodger Stadium it should be a very tough hitting environment tonight. Hopefully Chacín can limit the walks and pitch with the confidence of knowing most balls hit in the air tonight are going to be outs.

It's going to calm a bit as the game wears on, but tonight's weird start time for nationwide TV markets (~6:45 central) means these afternoon winds that normally aren't as big a factor for evening games in LA are going to have an impact.

If you were already worried about tonight's game this isn't going to help, but it is worth reading...

Jhoulys Chacin’s Matchup Problem

Love it. Probably means Chacin goes 6 scoreless, because baseball.

It could certainly happy but it's unlikely. The reason anomalies seem so common is because they make an impression on us when they happen, whereas we don't mentally tally all the times that an expected outcome occurs.

I'd give Granderson a start against the RHP. Braun was hot to end the season, but hot streaks end fast. He's a negative WPA player for both series so far and hasn't looked particularly dangerous or unlucky.

Archived