Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-15 (NLCS Game #3): Brewers (Chacín) at Dodgers (Buehler) 6:39 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Chacín w/ 5.1 IP, 3 Hits, 0 Runs, 6 Ks; Arcia Goes Deep Again]

Eye Black
  • Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honest question, no snark. What do you mean by not doing the usual double switch? Maybe I'm dumb and not following what you mean by that

They usually pull Aguilar and move Shaw to 1B and Hernan to 2B when they bring in one of their relief studs with a lead. Although I could be wrong about how it might have worked there now that I think about it. Was the pitcher's spot due in the next inning when Chacin faced Pederson? Because you have to put the pitcher in a spot that's not coming up soon.

Honest question, no snark. What do you mean by not doing the usual double switch? Maybe I'm dumb and not following what you mean by that

They usually pull Aguilar and move Shaw to 1B and Hernan to 2B when they bring in one of their relief studs with a lead. Although I could be wrong about that now that I think about it. Was the pitcher's spot due in the next inning when Chacin faced Pederson?

They did do that switch though now taht's why I was confused. I guess you're saying if they'd done it earlier. I don't wanna go back and look at where they were in the MKE lineup for the Pederson AB

Innings 1-6 in this series: Brewers 10, Dodgers 0

Innings 7-9 in this series: Dodgers 7, Brewers 1

I could have done without this game note. ;)

We all could have. Win this damn series and we can pretend it never happened.

Pretty sure the Dodgers have 8 in Innings 7-9.

They did do that switch though now taht's why I was confused. I guess you're saying if they'd done it earlier. I don't wanna go back and look at where they were in the MKE lineup for the Pederson AB

Yes. I think you and I both felt Hader could have faced Pederson, Muncy, and Bellinger, and maybe more. Therefore Shaw would have been at 1B for that Moustakas throw. His defense is much better than Aguilar's there. All is well that ends well.

I don't think I want Knebel going back out. I'd go Soria or Guerra...or Jeffress against the bottom of the order. Then Hader for the last 2.

I would bet dollars to doughnuts Knebel is coming back out.

I agree, I just don't think I'd do it. He doesn't pitch many multi-inning stints. It's different for a reliever. Hopefully it works out.

Archived