Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Miley in 5.2 IP allows 0 runs, 2 hits, 0 walks]

Eye Black
I think this is a wrap. The hangover of losing a game like that after Miley's performance is significant. I felt they needed a 3-2 lead swinging back to Milwaukee and that's highly unlikely. When it's their strength vs our pen they've taken it to us two nights in a row. Our 9th inning guy is toast. Think we're done in 6.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't question the decision but it did feel like bad mojo, Miley was lights out and just had a hit and scored, everything was going so right. I knew he would be pulled soon though, can't argue sticking with what got you here.

I agree but I'm thinking of the line "the fox knows many things the hedgehog only one but it's a big one." I'm usually w the foxes; sometimes you need to go w what's happening instead of your one thing.

In a weird way, I expect this team to play better on the road. Those MP crowds justt look tense on TV. I wasn't there, but it felt like Turner's homer just killed everything. Almost like the crowd had been waiting for it. I sort of feel like I've been waiting for the loss to come, so maybe going on the road flips the pressure a bit.

Maybe we even douse another road clubhouse in champagne.

I think this is a wrap. The hangover of losing a game like that after Miley's performance is significant. I felt they needed a 3-2 lead swinging back to Milwaukee and that's highly unlikely. When it's their strength vs our pen they've taken it to us two nights in a row. Our 9th inning guy is toast. Think we're done in 6.

I've never had them winning this series. The Dodgers just have a better 25 and at some point it's tough to overcome that.

But...I've been wrong before. Maybe they get right back on the horse and take the next 2 and surprise us. I never had them making it this far and they did. So, who knows.

Wasted a great game by Miley, tough loss.

JJ is getting hit in the postseason not just by the Dodgers but even the Rockies, opponents are seeing his pitches well. IMO, we should stop using JJ in this series.

Wonder why CC took so long to let Guerra pitch in a game, he should use Guerra more in the postseason.

It's a mistake to put Cedeno in the roster, Cedeno's stuff is not good. I'd rather have Broxton.

I just made some great garlic mashed potatoes. So there’s that.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

What about Freddy Peralta?

Also, when Miley was cruising, why pull him? Big difference to be going to LA up 2-0 as opposed to tied 1-1.

What about Freddy? He's obviously the last guy in the pen. Hasn't really been a need to break him out yet. I personally wouldn't trust bringing him into a crucial spot late.

Bought a couple of rotisserie chickens from Pick n Save too. They had buy two for $10. I’ll use the other for chicken noodle soup. Win- win.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Rather Peralta than Jeffress at this point. Might as well bring in Zagurski if the goal is blowing leads with very obviously dead arms. Did ANYBODY want Jeffress out there in the 8th?

I love Hader, but by numbers and where they've typically been used this year, Jeffress has been this team's most important reliever. If he is cooked, so is this team more than likely. So yes, I want him in that spot.

Jeez. I hope some of you handle adversity in life better than you do after a game.

It would have been great to win. Didn’t happen. On to the next one.

Exactly! The hottest team in baseball dropped a game for the first time in three weeks. In the NLCS. To tie the series at 1-1. This morning the Brewers were one of the best teams in baseball, and when we wake up tomorrow, they are going to be one of the best teams in baseball. The Dodgers are far from unbeatable at home. I expect the bats to wake up in a big way. I think playing where they grew up on this stage will energize Yelich and Braun, and they are going to carry this offense.

People are just discussing. Don't see a whole lot of screaming and gnashing of teeth going on. Not a big deal.

Not really sure how anyone can say people are handling it that poorly. Obviously there will be some frustration.

It's more about how the games are going. They are playing to the Brewers strength and we are getting beat. Get the game to the pen has been the strategy all year. Problem is their hitters are better. Both nights.

Yep. This should be a 2-0 series and now it's a 0-0 road series. Both games have gone exactly the way we wanted to and played right into our hands and we nearly lost both.

Bought a couple of rotisserie chickens from Pick n Save too. They had buy two for $10. I’ll use the other for chicken noodle soup. Win- win.

I had some leftover beef and broccoli that I made in my Instant Pot. Turned out really nice.

Archived