Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Miley in 5.2 IP allows 0 runs, 2 hits, 0 walks]

Eye Black
Not sure I’d blame Counsell. Sure you could say Jeffress shouldn’t have gone for another inning, but who do you put in? Knebel? Then who pitches the 9th? Was our other options better than iffy Jeffress?

Maybe Guerra? I don’t know

I think Jeffress would be closing then. I don't know. I think you had to pitch him or Soria. I'm not going to blame Counsell on this one.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is everyone's infatuation with wanting Peralta to pitch this series?? I want ZERO to do with him out there..NONE. He'd be all over the place, and when he wasn't, they would tattoo him.

Except nobody has “tattooed” him all year so not sure why that would be expected now? The series is over according to you anyways so why does it matter?

HRS or nothing swings at ball 3&4

Did you see the movement on pitch 3? It looked like a strike until the last second. Pitchers get paid too. It sucks, but it was a great pitch.

To hit a HR on? Swing for the fences? Sure it was a good pitch, but this guy is missing all over the place and you need to take advantage with patience.

What is everyone's infatuation with wanting Peralta to pitch this series?? I want ZERO to do with him out there..NONE. He'd be all over the place, and when he wasn't, they would tattoo him.

Except nobody has “tattooed” him all year so not sure why that would be expected now? The series is over according to you anyways so why does it matter?

The only 2 MLB starters who had a lower batting average against than Peralta were Sale and Scherzer. Lol at being tattooed.

Damn, I thought he had it.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

So close to a hero. Damn.

Well, let’s put up a zero and get some men on base for the top of the order.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

HRS or nothing swings at ball 3&4

Did you see the movement on pitch 3? It looked like a strike until the last second. Pitchers get paid too. It sucks, but it was a great pitch.

To hit a HR on? Swing for the fences? Sure it was a good pitch, but this guy is missing all over the place and you need to take advantage with patience.

I obviously have no idea what kind of swing he was trying, but I'd assume it was the same as the rest of his swings. It's easy to preach patience, but harder to have it.

Jesus, how many times have we allowed the leadoff hitter to get on, now?
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived