Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Miley in 5.2 IP allows 0 runs, 2 hits, 0 walks]

Eye Black
  • Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice job Jeffress, wa to be a total choke job in the postseason.

Unnecessary and inaccurate.

And 1,000% wrong.

We won't win this series without the best reliever in the NL... so you can either criticize or drink to his improvement

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

For all the gripes about how bad JJ was, he:

1) Jammed the hell out of Joc, who got lucky to pop it into no man's land.

2) Struck out Puig.

3) Walked Barnes, who took some mighty good pitches.

4) Jammed Grandal, who grounded weakly into a DP.

I mean, it sucks that the walk was with the bases loaded, but JJ did a pretty nice job in a really tough situation.

Nice job Jeffress, wa to be a total choke job in the postseason.

Unnecessary and inaccurate.

Correct. Burnes was more to blame for this inning. CC needs to go to JJ to begin an inning to be effective.

Yeah, Burnes did not have it tonight at all. Leadoff walk was a bad side and allowed a warning track job in the one out he recorded.

Frankly, I think the ump was just as fooled on ball 4. That curve was at the knees as it passed home plate.

Yep. The "fox box" had it low, but the side camera showed it coming right across the knees.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The reality of situational baseball being what it is, Jeffress (and Kratz) had to know that Barnes was not looking to swing during that AB. Jeffress did not pitch "bad" that inning. The hits were bloopers and bleeders, but you CANT WALK A GUY with the bases loaded when the batter has made it as obvious as he can that he's not going to swing. Throw a strike, and take your chances. Throwing a "good pitch" that would normally get someone to swing and make weak contract or swing and miss is not a good pitch if the guy was NEVER going to swing in the presented scenario.

It was low but not by much. It was a pitch if he lands it we all jump for joy at how awesome he is. Unfortunately he just missed. This is baseball.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Nice walk Cain. Now, crush one, MVP. A two run home run would be absolutely huge here!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived