Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-13 (NLCS Game #2): Dodgers (Ryu) at Brewers (Miley) 3:09 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Miley in 5.2 IP allows 0 runs, 2 hits, 0 walks]

Eye Black

HIdUo7s.jpg

HIdUwy8.jpg

[pre]Dodgers Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Chris Taylor ® CF 1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF

2. Justin Turner ® 3B 2. Christian Yelich (L) RF

3. David Freese ® 1B 3. Ryan Braun ® LF

4. Manny Machado ® SS 4. Jesús Aguilar ® 1B

5. Matt Kemp ® LF 5. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B

6. Enrique Hernández ® 2B 6. Travis Shaw (L) 2B

7. Yasiel Puig ® RF 7. Erik Kratz ® C

8. Austin Barnes ® C 8. Orlando Arcia ® SS

9. Hyun-Jin Ryu ® P 9. Wade Miley (L) P[/pre]

Link: Brewers Game Notes

TV Broadcast on FOX

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their lineup is just ridiculous. I know we knew that, but watching last night and just really paying attention it is insane. The guys off the bench are 30 HR hitters. There is not a bat in that lineup that gives you a break.

I knew they would rally eventually but was hoping the 8th was it.

Their lineup is just ridiculous. I know we knew that, but watching last night and just really paying attention it is insane. The guys off the bench are 30 HR hitters. There is not a bat in that lineup that gives you a break.

I knew they would rally eventually but was hoping the 8th was it.

The Crew's pitchers were a little rusty... won't be an issue now.

Plus... Woodruff homered off Kershaw. Woodruff, a pitcher batting left-handed took their vaunted ace deep.

The Crew took everything the Dodgers could throw at them, and won.

Let's see if they can chase Ryu in the 3rd.

Ryu is better against righties than against lefties. Hopefully it means Shaw will replace Perez. Arcia should start every game the rest of the postseason.

I was looking at those splits last night. He has fairly large reverse splits both this year and for his career.

2018:

HIh5TU3.jpg

Career:

HIh5GHq4.jpg

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Go Brewers! I like that all the relief pitchers except Hader & Woodruff should be available today. And then the day off tomorrow. So far so good. Miley has been awesome this season, here's hoping he's awesome again today.

Just such a thrill to have the Brew Crew 3 wins away from the World Series!!! Wow!!!!!

Looking forward to a fun day of watching postseason Baseball. The Red Sox-Astros game should be fun to see too.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Does Roberts keep Puig, Pederson, and Muncy out of the starting lineup again for a LHP that might only go 2-3 innings? Or does he assume CC wants Miley to pitch 5-6? Brewers still have Burnes, Peralta, and Guerra fresh and ready to cover multiple innings with an off day tomorrow so it's not like Miley has to be used any differently than Gio yesterday. I love the advantage gained by the way CC can dictate matchups.

What a ride last night. To be guaranteed a split feels great, but I think the offense might have to win this one with the heavy pen usage last night. I think we are in pretty decent shape out there, but one of the less trusted guys is going to have to get outs, so we will see.

The Dodger pen pitched a bunch last night too, so I think thag neutralizes some of this talk about us being too aggressive last night.

What a ride last night. To be guaranteed a split feels great, but I think the offense might have to win this one with the heavy pen usage last night. I think we are in pretty decent shape out there, but one of the less trusted guys is going to have to get outs, so we will see.

The Dodger pen pitched a bunch last night too, so I think thag neutralizes some of this talk about us being too aggressive last night.

Our pen is in great shape all things considered. We don't have Hader and Woodruff. Didn't use Burnes at all. If Miley can give us 3 we have Burnes to bridge. We just need an inning and maybe two from the other 5ish guys. I'm really happy with what is available for game 2.

I do think the same plan will be in place today, which is no more than once through the order for any pitcher. The only exception would be if Miley goes like 9 up 9 down to start the game, but even when Woodruff did that in NLDS Game 1 they still pulled him.

Probably Miley for 2-3, Burnes for 2-3, if you can get to the 7th doing that, then you can go Soria/Knebel/Jeffress. If not, Guerra/Peralta could go an inning or 2.

If Brewers can get early leads in these games, that'll go a long way and really force the Dodgers to make tough choices.

Not having Hader today is going to be tough, which makes it all the more important that we won Game 1. Winning today would REALLY put the pressure on the Dodgers though, and I like our chances. Let's Go!!!!!

Funny how the national media *cough* arod *cough* was super harsh on CC for how many pitchers he used. When the dodgers used 5 relievers who threw more than 14 pitches. All but Ferguson, Wood and Jansen pitched. But Counsel is out of his mind for using his weapons...

Archived