Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-12 (NLCS Game #1): Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (González) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Bullpen Survives; 12th Straight Win; Burgers for Everyone]

Eye Black
  • Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For lineup today I'm expecting

Cain

Yelich

Braun

Aguilar

Moustakas

Schoop

Kratz

Arcia

They might swap Moose and Schoop, also might go Perez over Schoop at 2b...but otherwise I can't see them doing much different than that.

Pina has caught all 5 games that Gonzalez has pitched, so it'll be him and not Kratz.

Perez/Schoop are both hitless career against Kershaw (Perez 0-5, Schoop 0-3), I'm guessing they go with Schoop unless they just want to get Shaw in there regardless (Shaw is 0-2 with a BB against Kershaw).

I went Kratz primarily because Pina has very heavy reverse platoon splits, but you make a good point and clearly were correct. I generally think it's a good idea to leave one or two lefties in against a LH batter and vice versa against a RHB. Guys will generally pitch much differently to RHB vs LHB, it's good to make them adjust rather than fall into a routine...at least in my opinion.

For lineup today I'm expecting

Cain

Yelich

Braun

Aguilar

Moustakas

Schoop

Kratz

Arcia

They might swap Moose and Schoop, also might go Perez over Schoop at 2b...but otherwise I can't see them doing much different than that.

I had the same 9, but went Perez over Schoop and Pina in or Kratz.

Personally I'd go Braun, Yelich, Aggie, Moose 2-5, but I don't see CC agreeing with that.

Hey guys n gals - it seems like forever since last Sunday! But its go time.

I think this is where Schoop comes up big - in this series.

Bats vs. Bats... Starter arms vs. Pen arms. Overall - all things considered this is about as evenly matched as we could imagine, or anyone is giving it credit for.

The Dodgers may have the glitz and glamour, and huge payroll , but that's why we play the games.

Brewers in 6.

LETS GOOOOOO

Dodgers already in the driver seat?

Probably, if A-Rod is making the decisions...

He's a DUNCE!

Are we sure we didn't lose to Colorado? :tongue

They've got us right where they want us now. We literally can't beat them again for the entire rest of the season!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Dodgers Lineup

Taylor

Turner

Freese

Machado

Kemp

Hernandez

Bellinger

Grandal

I honestly think the dodgers are playing right into out hands with the platoon splits. They could switch Taylor and Freese for Muncy and Joc later, but that's really handcuffing their double switch and PH for pitcher options. We should have a huge advantage in the last couple innings of games with more bench options and a better bullpen...here's hoping we can get to the 6th and 7th innings of games with either the lead of at a tie.

here's hoping we can get to the 6th and 7th innings of games with either the lead of at a tie.

And that's certainly going to be the difficult part. Getting a lead against the likes of Kershaw, Buehler, and gang and holding it for the Frosty Boys is going to be a hell of a challenge.

Have absolutely no idea what to expect. Both teams rested. We are getting their ace and one of the best in baseball, yet I feel like we are a better than 50/50 shot tonight.

Does the dream season continue? Let's go Crew!

Agreed with the no idea what to expect. All I hope for is that Gio gets out of the 1st with no runs and under 20 pitches. Important for that change up to be effective tonight.

All depends on how it's going but unless he looks really good, I'd pull Gio before his first at-bat. There's no reason to keep Guerra and Peralta both on the roster if you're not going to give them some innings against a Dodgers lineup like tonight's.

When you've got Woodruff, Burnes, Peralta, Chacin, and Guerra in the pen and the first 6 Dodgers are batting right handed, you are absolutely correct. One of those arms should be pretty close to ready to go if Gio gets in trouble.

If the first 2 guys get on, you make a change. If 2 of the first 3 batters get on, you make a change. It's the right thing to do.

A-Rod never bothered me as much as he does since he said that the Rockies were in the driver's seat after their game one loss to the Brewers.

Now when I listen to him, I want to squeeze his face off.

DUNCE!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

All depends on how it's going but unless he looks really good, I'd pull Gio before his first at-bat. There's no reason to keep Guerra and Peralta both on the roster if you're not going to give them some innings against a Dodgers lineup like tonight's.

When you've got Woodruff, Burnes, Peralta, Chacin, and Guerra in the pen and the first 6 Dodgers are batting right handed, you are absolutely correct. One of those arms should be pretty close to ready to go if Gio gets in trouble.

If the first 2 guys get on, you make a change. If 2 of the first 3 batters get on, you make a change. It's the right thing to do.

All depeneds on if CC recognizes trouble. He tends to be a little late when it comes to bullpen guys being ready when needed...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

And yet, I would not hesitate to use Gio later on in the series... If he flounders out of the gate today it means nothing for tomorrow, it just means that in order for the Brewers to win tonight they should go to one of the other guys.

Perhaps we'll have to go to Gio in the first inning of game 3 or 4 when Bellinger and Muncy are coming up with guys on base after one of the above mentioned righties gets in trouble early...that would be the right move.

Exciting times in baseball strategy.

Archived