Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-12 (NLCS Game #1): Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (González) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Bullpen Survives; 12th Straight Win; Burgers for Everyone]

Eye Black
  • Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares about game length? NFL regular season games are basically 3.5 hours, with their playoff games often taking longer than that.

That was a fantastic baseball game - the bullpenning had little to nothing to do with the game's pace. It's obvious both hitters and pitchers take a little extra time between pitches this time of year.

There were also a ton of great ABs by both teams that racked up pitch counts.

Miley for 3-5 IP tomorrow, Burnes for 2-4 IP. Cedeno 1-2 batters, Jeffress saves it. Up 2-0. although Peralta is tempting. The Dodgers love to ambush pitches, Peralta’s moving fastball could cause them to get lots of quick outs.

I can guarantee that if they get any length out of Miley tomorrow, the game won't be nearly as long. The time some of these pitchers take between pitches, and batters stepping out after every pitch to adjust every piece of their armor really lengthens things.

I'm not sure that they will. Maybe not 2 IP but 3-4 out of Miley would not surprise me. Counsell clearly isn't going to have much patience with a starter showing the slightest bit of struggle this series. At minimum they have 7 guys available in the pen tomorrow (Jeffress, Knebel, Soria, Cedeno, Peralta, Guerra, Burnes, at least 3 of which are capable of 2-3 innings, and perhaps others in an emergency.

The walks were rust. Game was won and the rust is now shook off. On to the next.

No, they were walking guys vs. Colorado too. They just got away with it against a weaker lineup.

Ah ok, so you're proclaiming that the bullpen wasn't sharp vs the Rockies and will continue to walk Dodger hitters. Thanks for the heads up. I happen to know what I saw and it was rust.

The Brewers win game 1 and I’ve got to listen to mlb network and fs1 dog the Brewers on the bullpen for another night. Granted the 8th and 9th were rough innings for the bullpen, but come on show a little love for the winning team.

Btw #2, the Brewers bullpen walked 2 Dodger batters in 7 innings tonight. Many of them weren't as sharp as they can be, but let's not revise history here. Life is so much easier when you stop searching for the negative.

LOL, pretty sure you've made your point.

Says the guy responsible for about 25% of the reactionary posts in this game thread. From the talk in here, you'd think the Brewers pen walked 8 batters. It's a valid point. People are reaching for negatives and its fair to counter it with facts.

Btw #2, the Brewers bullpen walked 2 Dodger batters in 7 innings tonight. Many of them weren't as sharp as they can be, but let's not revise history here. Life is so much easier when you stop searching for the negative.

Says the guy responsible for about 25% of the reactionary posts in this game thread. From the talk in here, you'd think the Brewers pen walked 8 batters. It's a valid point. People are reaching for negatives and its fair to counter it with facts.

Wow ...

ARod has clearly never seen this team play in September if he thinks Counsel doesn’t know what he is doing.

The questionable decision was bringing in Cedeno. Seems like it was setup to just go Soria, Knebel, Jeffress. Cedeno struggling then Soria not being able to close out the inning threw everything off.

Cedeno put 1 guy on with 1 out and arguably should’ve gotten a double play if Arcia wasn’t afraid to throw it with the weird shift.

I get the idea that that was one bit of momentum but I bet Craig would’ve kept trying to use the bottom of his pen until any trouble arose...and of course it did pretty quickly.

Is it a fact that it was rust...or just like, your opinion?

I love that Woodruff was a big hero tonight. The guy has been nails since his September call-up. For a guy that was kind of being written off earlier this season, it's really cool to see.

This team has so many great arms. It's awesome.

Can Woodruff come in tonight for an inning?

Can I borrow someone's secret decoder ring, please? As one who reads a hell of a lot, I feel confident stating that I truly speak English fluently. I took three years of Spanish in college, worked four years while in college in a restaurant kitchen as a prep cook/corporate trainer with nearly 100% Spanish speakers, and we spoke only Spanish, and I dated a girl from La Paz for the better part of a year, and she helped me learn the language to at least a conversational level.

I have no freaking clue what the hell David Ortiz is saying.

Jesus isn't easy to understand at times either. But putting a guy like Ortiz and his struggles with the English language as an analyst is inane. There are other retired Latino ball players who are understandable.

Archived