Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-12 (NLCS Game #1): Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (González) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Bullpen Survives; 12th Straight Win; Burgers for Everyone]

Eye Black
  • Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I go with Knebel in the 9th unless the Brewers score here. Just more comfortable with his electric stuff, even though JJ had a much better year.

He's been amazing the last month, but I might stick with JJ and have Knebel ready if needed. Knebel has been, at times, prone to both bouts of wildness and giving up longballs. I'm not sure how he'll look after the long layoff.

I guess I can understand either way. But I'd feel better either way with some more runs first.

If JJ gets out of this with the lead, I'm going Knebel.

And that first pitch was a strike, called all night. But nope.

Nothing hit overly hard and he probably a little rusty after the layoff. He’s probably fine to finish it, but exactly why him and Corey should’ve just pitched the 8th and 9th. They would’ve been starting with a clean inning and had a chance to settle into the series.

By being cute with Cedeno we actually cost JJ more pitches if he goes 1+ now.

Cedeno mucked things up in his Game 163 appearance, too - until he proves otherwise, these pressure-packed stages seem pretty big for him.

They're going to need him later this series, so hopefully he does his job better the next time his # is called.

I said the same thing in Game 163. He strikes me as a guy that the lights are a little too bright for.

Archived