Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-12 (NLCS Game #1): Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (González) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Bullpen Survives; 12th Straight Win; Burgers for Everyone]

Eye Black
Adding a sixth run changed his thought process and I don’t disagree with it. Nice getting Cedenjo work in there.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the days off since the sweep, I would really prefer Knebel and Jeffress to throw tonight. Both guys are fine going back to back days.

Could easily want 2 innings out of each of them tomorrow and again on Monday. Better to err on the side of rest for your best relievers when you have a chance to.

Knebel has worked 2 innings exactly 1 time in 2018. He's a lot more of a 3-4 out, multiple days in a row guy.

There is almost no chance he would have been. I like the decision to go 3 if it were say 3-1, at 5-1 I think they should have pulled him after 1.

Hader pitching back to back ever is avoided when possible, but he has pitched consecutive days after throwing 24 during the regular season.

In the NLCS in extreme circumstances I'd bet very heavily that 2 innings and 28 pitches doesn't make Hader unavailable the next day especially with a day off following.

He did that once only and it was rare for him to not get a day off after even 20 pitches. There is no logical reason to think he would be available after 2 innings and 28 pitches. It just wasn't happening.

There is almost no chance he would have been. I like the decision to go 3 if it were say 3-1, at 5-1 I think they should have pulled him after 1.

Hader pitching back to back ever is avoided when possible, but he has pitched consecutive days after throwing 24 during the regular season.

In the NLCS in extreme circumstances I'd bet very heavily that 2 innings and 28 pitches doesn't make Hader unavailable the next day especially with a day off following.

He did that once only and it was rare for him to not get a day off after even 20 pitches. There is no logical reason to think he would be available after 2 innings and 28 pitches. It just wasn't happening.

The logical reason is that it's the postseason and regular season norms do not necessarily apply.

Archived