Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-12 (NLCS Game #1): Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (González) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Bullpen Survives; 12th Straight Win; Burgers for Everyone]

Eye Black
  • Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a great inning dodged some bullets. 3 flyballs. Not dominant Hader. Again, bellingers looked gone to me off the bat to me. Anyone else or am I just getting jumpy?

Jumpy. He’s not going to strike everyone out pitching three innings and 50+ pitches.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

2 innings. no Hader tomorrow. So why not give him 3? Makes perfect sense, save one of the Pastry Boys for tomorrow.

I'm fairly certain he would still have been available tomorrow after 2 innings and 28 pitches.

Guerra, maybe? Peralta? Cedeno? And put Soria or Knebel up if there's trouble. Or do you just go for it and give it to Knebel and Jeffress?

If they are willing to throw Hader 3 I’m guessing there’s no messing around.

Burnes for 2 would be an option too.

But I agree with Joey, going to Knebel or Jeffress or Soria for 1 inning at most each is not going to hurt anything or affect their availability for tomorrow in any way. These guys are all very well rested.

Guerra, maybe? Peralta? Cedeno? And put Soria or Knebel up if there's trouble. Or do you just go for it and give it to Knebel and Jeffress?

If they are willing to throw Hader 3 I’m guessing there’s no messing around.

Burnes for 2 would be an option too.

Going to need him tomorrow for sure.

The crowd just had one heck of a wave going. Top notch if you’re in attendance.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

2 innings. no Hader tomorrow. So why not give him 3? Makes perfect sense, save one of the Pastry Boys for tomorrow.

I'm fairly certain he would still have been available tomorrow after 2 innings and 28 pitches.

There is almost no chance he would have been. I like the decision to go 3 if it were say 3-1, at 5-1 I think they should have pulled him after 1.

Honestly it's kind of weird to use a great reliever so much if you're just going to turn around and use one of your worst ones. Don't get me wrong - I do want to use Cedeno, I just didn't want to use Hader so much. What's the plan - maximize your odds of winning even though they're already very good, or get work for guys you're going to need more the rest of the series?

There is almost no chance he would have been. I like the decision to go 3 if it were say 3-1, at 5-1 I think they should have pulled him after 1.

Hader pitching back to back ever is avoided when possible, but he has pitched consecutive days after throwing 24 during the regular season.

In the NLCS in extreme circumstances I'd bet very heavily that 2 innings and 28 pitches doesn't make Hader unavailable the next day especially with a day off following.

With the days off since the sweep, I would really prefer Knebel and Jeffress to throw tonight. Both guys are fine going back to back days.

Could easily want 2 innings out of each of them tomorrow and again on Monday. Better to err on the side of rest for your best relievers when you have a chance to.

Archived