Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-12 (NLCS Game #1): Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (González) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Bullpen Survives; 12th Straight Win; Burgers for Everyone]

Eye Black
  • Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 more innings, go Hader again. This is far from over.

But we have other good relievers besides him too.

I do appreciate that we aren't taking a 4 run lead for granted. The Dodgers have a good enough offense to erase that in a hurry.

That was his fastest of the inning. He started out with 94

Just needed to get ramped up. Really no need for alarm.

Is this the every game fear where we falsely believe each reliever is going to have TJ surgery the next game? A little early tonight I'll say

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

The reason I would have only gone one with Hader is he is the kind of guy the more you see him the better. In 7 games you might see him a bunch and start connecting. Keep him under wraps unless you need him.

Is that really true, though? The only time I've seen Hader really get in trouble is when he gets behind in too many counts, has to abandon his slider and grooves a FB. I haven't really noticed any difference in how much a team has seen him. When he's on it doesn't really make a difference.

Is this the every game fear where we falsely believe each reliever is going to have TJ surgery the next game? A little early tonight I'll say

Are you serious dude?? Nowhere did anything I said even remotely went to that.

Someone earlier this year quoted a talk radio guy who said every pitcher needs to go out and get TJ surgery early in their career. That it is something that just has to be done before a pitcher can move forward in their career.

The reason I would have only gone one with Hader is he is the kind of guy the more you see him the better. In 7 games you might see him a bunch and start connecting. Keep him under wraps unless you need him.

Is that really true, though? The only time I've seen Hader really get in trouble is when he gets behind in too many counts, has to abandon his slider and grooves a FB. I haven't really noticed any difference in how much a team has seen him. When he's on it doesn't really make a difference.

The three teams he faced the most this year (Cubs, Cards, Pirates, and Reds obviously), Cards rocked him to an .840 OPS. Pirates .531, Reds .454, and Cubs .386. And the Cubs had the most PA's against him.

Archived