Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-12 (NLCS Game #1): Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (González) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Bullpen Survives; 12th Straight Win; Burgers for Everyone]

Eye Black
  • Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't hit that! I'm surprised Bellinger even made contact. Josh must have been mad about that.

I love Hader in the pen. LOVE HIM.

I'm not going to lie and say the idea of him as a starter doesn't intrigue me. He could literally be our version of Kershaw (well, not tonight's Kershaw ... the good one).

Please only 1 inning for Hader

9 pitches. I'm ok with him going two :)

I'm torn. Pull him now and he could go two tomorrow, although there is no guarantee he will be needed. The luxury of a 4 run lead...

I was really nervous in 2011 playing the Cardinals but this year more calm than anything and the Dodgers are a better team than that 2011 Cardinals team.

I’m very similar. In 2011 that team was at the back end of its window though. Part of me being calm about this team is there is a big window for success yet. It’s not our only shot at it, we may actually get BETTER for the next couple years.

Nothing is for sure though, so might as well win it while we’re here. ;)

[sarcasm]Oh crap, I just realized I'm missing the Bucks preseason game.[/sarcasm]

They scored 84 in the first half, so it was something we missed.....

.a little at least

What are the Bucks?

They need to severely cut down on basketball season 1, 2 & 3. Ridiculous. It's baseball time

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Can't hit that! I'm surprised Bellinger even made contact. Josh must have been mad about that.

I love Hader in the pen. LOVE HIM.

I'm not going to lie and say the idea of him as a starter doesn't intrigue me. He could literally be our version of Kershaw (well, not tonight's Kershaw ... the good one).

I've been back and forth on this but I don't think they'll mess with a good thing. Besides, the 2018 Brewers have pretty much defied the idea that you can't win without starting pitching. I think they'll continue to focus on their pen and continue to blur the lines between starter and reliever.

As long as there isn't a bunch of extra innings I think the risk in the longer series to over using the pen is over blown. Locking wins in is the way to go. How many games could Gonzalez pitch in for example since he only went 2 innings? Heck given how crazy the Brewers strategy has been you could probably even use him as a decoy and fake out Roberts.

Archived