Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-12 (NLCS Game #1): Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (González) 7:09 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Bullpen Survives; 12th Straight Win; Burgers for Everyone]

Eye Black
  • Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else notice all the pine tar on the back of Kershaw's hat?

WOW. Yeah, that's clearly not cool/legal.

Pretty sure pitcher can use pine tar now. Wasn’t that a recent rule change?

Not that I've heard. It's always been a "we don't really care until you make it obvious" thing. Will Smith got busted for it as a Brewer.

Interesting stat:

Dodgers defense: 47 Defensive Runs Saved (5th in NL)

Brewers defense: 116 Runs Saved (2nd in NL)

Top 1st and Turner's ground ball up the middle followed by Freese's drive to left center. Turned into outs by Arcia and Cain. There are many ballclubs where those two balls were a single to center and a run scoring double to the gap. With Machado coming to bat. Think about how much different this game would be. Defense matters.

Community Moderator
How did Brandon Woodruff spend most of 2018 in Colorado Springs?

Working on his stuff so he can hit bombs and strike fools out in October.

Just in time for the 'rebuilding' to be over.

Not that I've heard. It's always been a "we don't really care until you make it obvious" thing. Will Smith got busted for it as a Brewer.

Remember reading an ESPN article but I just looked it up and it was basically written about how it’s openly ignored. So yea, technically illegal

This is exactly what needs to happen to win the whole damn thing. Everyone doing their part. I love it!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived