Brewer Fanatic

NLCS game times

Madhawk23

I know game one is set for 7:00, but do we have any idea yet when some of the rest of the games will be played? The ALCS starts on Saturday, and I'm guessing they'll get the later time slot since it'll be more of a marquee/tv rating matchup with NY/BOS vs Houston. But, do we have any guesses as to when that Saturday game might start? Are we thinking late afternoon around 3:30 or 4:00? Would that be a solid guess?

Just trying to plan my Friday/Saturday around these games, and it's hard when we don't know all of the game times.

Also - I see that the ALCS and NLCS both play games on Tues/Wed next week. Because these are week day games, would they stagger these games enough so that one would have to be played during the day, or would both games go on around the same time in the primetime viewing hours at night?

Yes, Saturday is in the afternoon window you mention. You can probably look at your cable listing now and it says Brewers/LAD.

For the weekday games I can't say for sure how staggered they are, but being that we'll be in LA it's logical to think we'd be the second or later game.

Yes, Saturday is in the afternoon window you mention. You can probably look at your cable listing now and it says Brewers/LAD.

For the weekday games I can't say for sure how staggered they are, but being that we'll be in LA it's logical to think we'd be the second or later game.

Last year, the weekday games were at Houston and at Chicago. They were at 4 pm and 8 pm central time. I imagine they would do the exact same thing this year except the NL game would be late considering it's in LA. Last year on Saturday they had a 3 pm and 7 pm central time for game 2. Game 6 I would anticipate at 7 pm central, and game 7 will depend on whether AL goes to game 6 or not. If it does, game 7 would probably be the 3 pm.

Last year, the weekday games were at Houston and at Chicago. They were at 4 pm and 8 pm central time. I imagine they would do the exact same thing this year except the NL game would be late considering it's in LA. Last year on Saturday they had a 3 pm and 7 pm central time for game 2. Game 6 I would anticipate at 7 pm central, and game 7 will depend on whether AL goes to game 6 or not. If it does, game 7 would probably be the 3 pm.

That seems about right. However, I believe they would push a game 7 to prime time (and have the AL game 6 on earlier).

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Do you really think they'd have the Brewer/Dodger games next week in the later time slot? Even though it would make more sense since the games are on the west coast out there, I'd have to think that the TV networks would want the "sexier" matchup on in primetime - thus the ALCS getting the better time slot there.

They pushed two of the Astros/Yankees games to late afternoon to accommodate the NLCS in Los Angeles. However, that included two marquee teams (Cubs and Dodgers), so I tend to think both Tuesday and Wednesday will be pushed to 3 pm central.

Do you really think they'd have the Brewer/Dodger games next week in the later time slot? Even though it would make more sense since the games are on the west coast out there, I'd have to think that the TV networks would want the "sexier" matchup on in primetime - thus the ALCS getting the better time slot there.

I think the networks try to avoid weekday afternoon games during the League Championship Series.

I think all the games in LA will be in the latest time slot for the day. (Tues and Wed games, Mon no ALCS game)

3pm central is 1pm western. I doubt that MLB will make LA play a 1pm weekday NLCS game and there is only on other game they need to schedule that day.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

3pm central is 1pm western. I doubt that MLB will make LA play a 1pm weekday NLCS game and there is only on other game they need to schedule that day.

Unfortunately they’ve done it for LCS games in the recent past in LA and San Francisco

I think the networks try to avoid weekday afternoon games during the League Championship Series.

I think all the games in LA will be in the latest time slot for the day. (Tues and Wed games, Mon no ALCS game)

Boy, that would be ideal if we can avoid the late afternoon game times next week in LA - at least for me from a work perspective.

Unfortunately they’ve done it for LCS games in the recent past in LA and San Francisco

We'll see. LA is still a huge market, and I'm not convinced that Boston vs Houston is that much more "sexy" than LA vs Milwaukee. That argument would hold more water if it was Boston vs NY and Milwaukee vs Colorado in the CS or something similar, but that's not the situation.

We'll see. LA is still a huge market, and I'm not convinced that Boston vs Houston is that much more "sexy" than LA vs Milwaukee. That argument would hold more water if it was Boston vs NY and Milwaukee vs Colorado in the CS or something similar, but that's not the situation.

Good point. The LA market does carry a lot of weight, so that might be enough on it's own to get the later start times?

I understand that MLB wants to maximize the markets and all that - but not knowing a game time for Saturday is highly frustrating. It's NYY or Boston - does it really matter who wins the series? The market and time zones are the same.

I understand that MLB wants to maximize the markets and all that - but not knowing a game time for Saturday is highly frustrating. It's NYY or Boston - does it really matter who wins the series? The market and time zones are the same.

My friend here at work was curious on what channels the games are on because he just cut the cord. I went through ahead on my directv at the office and they already have LAD/MKE listed (not just NL, has the teams too) in the late afternoon window on big Fox. Sure, I suppose it could flip but seems like a near lock to me. Take it FWIW

NLCS Gametime Predictions (Central Times)

Game 1, Fri, Oct 12, Miller Park: 7:08 PM

Game 2 Sat, Oct 13, Miller Park: 3:08 PM

Game 3 Mon, Oct 15, Dodger Stadium: 7:08 PM

Game 4 Tues, Oct 16, Dodger Stadium: 7:08 PM

Game 5 Wed, Oct 17, Dodgers Stadium 7:08 PM

Game 6 Fri, Oct 19, Miller Park: 7:08 PM

Game 7 Sat, Oct 20, Miller Park: 3:08 PM (7:08 PM if ALCS is over)

In this scenario, all ALCS games get the primetime 7:08 PM time slots, except games 3 and 4 which would be only 3:08 PM start times.

Interesting that the TV Markets for the remaining teams all dwarf Milwaukee...

New York #1

Los Angeles #2

Houston #8

Boston #9

Milwaukee #35

Go Brewers!

NLCS Gametime Predictions (Central Times)

Game 1, Fri, Oct 12, Miller Park: 7:08 PM

Game 2 Sat, Oct 13, Miller Park: 3:08 PM

Game 3 Mon, Oct 15, Dodger Stadium: 7:08 PM

Game 4 Tues, Oct 16, Dodger Stadium: 7:08 PM

Game 5 Wed, Oct 17, Dodgers Stadium 7:08 PM

Game 6 Fri, Oct 19, Miller Park: 7:08 PM

Game 7 Sat, Oct 20, Miller Park: 3:08 PM (7:08 PM if ALCS is over)

In this scenario, all ALCS games get the primetime 7:08 PM time slots, except games 3 and 4 which would be only 3:08 PM start times.

Interesting that the TV Markets for the remaining teams all dwarf Milwaukee...

New York #1

Los Angeles #2

Houston #8

Boston #9

Milwaukee #35

Go Brewers!

Again, I agree with all those times, with the exception of game 7. I can't see them choosing prime time for a game 6 over a game 7. Have they ever done that in past years?

I don't think they are the same at all.

If NYY wins, games 1 and 2 are in Houston (central time zone). If Boston wins, games 1 and 2 are in Boston (eastern time zone).

So, as for Saturday, if Boston wins it seems like a lock to put them in prime time and allow a 4pm milwaukee start and 8pm boston start. If New York wins, then you can seemingly put Houston at 3pm and Milwaukee at 7pm. I would think more eyes in LAX would be found at 5pm than 1pm Pacific.

Game 1 starts at 8am, I'm finally able to watch a live game this postseason. Game 2 starts at 4am and I will be asleep.

You wouldn't get up at 4:00 am to see a NLCS Brewers game? I'd do that and not even think about it!

Priorities man. lol

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Do not understand/like the 6:30/4:00 pm starts in LA at all.

630 start is maximizing eyeballs on a weeknight. Any later and it misses the prime time sweet spot of 730 on the east. Boston plays on the day of the 4pm start so that one makes sense to me, even if I don't like it. I think it's fine. Couldn't be happier with the home games, even though I'm going to miss game 2, just sold my tickets and died a little inside.

Archived