Brewer Fanatic

Dodgers v Brewers

torts
Our offense is going to have to come through to win this series. We won’t win a bunch of low scoring games in this series and face some really good pitching.we can only depend on the like of Miley/Gio to look like aces for so long.

Why do you say that, just curious? It's the way they've won games all year, and there's not going to be an offensive explosion in this series. I see no reason why they can't win four games 2-1, 3-2, etc. It's who they are.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fun Fact: The Brewers have not trailed in a baseball game since the 3rd inning against the Tigers on Sat, September 28th!

Thank you for taking the stress out of my life for 2 full weeks fellas!

Can't wait to get my free Webb's burgers this Saturday!

Our offense is going to have to come through to win this series. We won’t win a bunch of low scoring games in this series and face some really good pitching.we can only depend on the like of Miley/Gio to look like aces for so long.

Why do you say that, just curious? It's the way they've won games all year, and there's not going to be an offensive explosion in this series. I see no reason why they can't win four games 2-1, 3-2, etc. It's who they are.

Because we aren't going to win constantly the same way. The pitching is well overdue for a bit of struggle and the Dodgers have a deep offense. Educated prediction...n one knows how or what it will take to win. Offense will need some explosive game to win it all. The pitching isn't going to dominate forever.

Fun Fact: The Brewers have not trailed in a baseball game since the 3rd inning against the Tigers on Sat, September 28th!

Haven't lost a game since Sept 22 vs Pit. Will basically be 3 weeks by the time they play Friday.

If the Dodgers take a lead on Friday, I'm blaming you...

Definitely need Cain to get going if the Brewers are going to have a chance to win this series.

For starters I would go Chacin game 1

Woodruff/bullpen game 2

Miley game 3

Chacin game 4

Davies/Anderson game 5

Miley game 6

Chacin game 7.

I think Davies in LA would be fine but I would want to keep him away from starting at Miller Park.

Definitely going to need Arcia, Schoop, Santana and Pina to step up this series.

Definitely need Cain to get going if the Brewers are going to have a chance to win this series.

For starters I would go Chacin game 1

Woodruff/bullpen game 2

Miley game 3

Chacin game 4

Davies/Anderson game 5

Miley game 6

Chacin game 7.

I think Davies in LA would be fine but I would want to keep him away from starting at Miller Park.

Definitely going to need Arcia, Schoop, Santana and Pina to step up this series.

For those wanting Chacin to pitch 3 times this series, and twice on short rest, maybe take a look at his season numbers vs the Dodgers. They have many talented lefties and will certainly stack them against Chacin and his slider.

I firmly believe that Gio Gonzalez will get starts this series.

My guess

Game 1- Chacin

Game 2- Gonzalez

Game 3- Miley

Game 4- Woodruff/Bullpen

Game 5- Chacin

Game 6- Gonzalez

Game 7- Miley/Bullpen

If Anderson/Davies make the roster, I think they'd be used as a long reliever/extra innings emergency pitcher.

I have a gut feeling that Counsell has something up his sleeve similar to the first game of the Cardinals Series and that Freddy Peralta will play a big role in this Series somehow.

I think I want Miley (our best GB pitcher) for one of the Miller games, rather than LA which is already a pitcher's park.

Games 1 - Miley

Game 2 - bullpen (before the day off)

Game 3 - Chacin

Game 4 - Gio

Game 5 - Miley

Game 6 - Chacin

Game 7 - bullpen (possibly the last game of the season, might as well throw everybody at the wall here)

they need to continue to be patient at the plate, draw those walks when they can and try to get the starting pitchers out before the 6th inning.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I can't see them starting off with anyone but Chacin, it wouldn't make any type of sense to go with anyone else. He made all his starts during the season, has been as good as anyone else and will be on full rest.

It will probably go Chacin, Miley, Bullpen, Someone, Chacin, Miley.

One aspect that hasn't benn talked about much is the run game. I know the dodgers have alot of lefties which are generally harder to run on, but we obviously have the advantage there. Anyone have the numbers for Grandal throwing runners out? With alot of potential close games, every base will matter.

base runners are 32/52 in SB's against Grandal this year

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

That's a good point. But there are also times they will steal like crazy when they have a poor throwing catcher. If pitching is as good as advertised this series, I could also see the brewers reluctant to losing a base runner via the steal.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I cant remember the last time the Brewers have even tried to steal a base, other than situations where its just been gifted to them.

They stole a couple bases against the Rockies in game 2. Tyler Anderson's goofy delivery certianly helped, but they weren't shy about taking them. And since it was 0-0 in the third, it wasn't a gift.

I think I want Miley (our best GB pitcher) for one of the Miller games, rather than LA which is already a pitcher's park.

Games 1 - Miley

Game 3 - Chacin

Game 4 - Gio

Game 5 - Miley

Game 6 - Chacin

Game 7 - bullpen (possibly the last game of the season, might as well throw everybody at the wall here)

This makes a lot of sense to me. It will be interesting to see how they line it up.

I wonder if they'll be willing to pitch the starters on short rest. Especially if they're going to pull the starters after 2x through the order even if they're cruising. Then it might make sense to pitch whoever you want to possibly go 3x in game 1. That might actually be Miley- he's had two good starts vs LA this year and they hit righties better than lefties IIRC.

Games 1 - Miley

Game 3 - Chacin

Game 4 - Gio

Game 5 - Miley

Game 6 - Chacin

This makes a lot of sense to me. It will be interesting to see how they line it up.

I wonder if they'll be willing to pitch the starters on short rest. Especially if they're going to pull the starters after 2x through the order even if they're cruising. Then it might make sense to pitch whoever you want to possibly go 3x in game 1. That might actually be Miley- he's had two good starts vs LA this year and they hit righties better than lefties IIRC.

I think that lineup makes sense. I guess reality is they're all bullpen games regardless of starter. That's become the identity of this staff. However, at some point, i think they're going to need a starter to get through 5-6 innings a couple times.

If we are going to go with a bullpen start at all wouldnt it make sense to do it game 2 when the bullpen can get a day of rest after that? Doesnt seem to make sense in games 3 or 4. Could do game 5 if the bullpen isnt used as much in previous days. If you do it game 3 it seems like you would hamstring yourself if you starter doesnt go deep in game 4

While I don't know if I'd call it 'bullpen day' as the term gets used, there is no reason they can't basically go all in with heavy BP usage in games 1-3. If they used a lot in 3 you'd be limited in game 4 knowing 5 is coming. In game 5 maybe people who were used in 3 and 4 will be limited. But then again in games 6 and 7 you're at full usage of everyone. Essentially you can unleash the fury in at least 5 of the games without much fear. Included in those would be games 1 through 3, as long as you get 2/3 of those you're sitting very pretty.

Archived