Brewer Fanatic

SRO Etiquette

chuckiehacks

I'll preface this by saying that I don't want to argue a point, I'm just genuinely curious about people's opinions. I only get SRO tickets once every few years, so it's not a big deal.

I had them for Friday's game, and planned to try to stand on the loge level, near the craft beer stand. In that area, there is a ledge on the railing behind the ADA seating. There were people there who had laid out their rally towels like placemats to mark their spots, and felt that those were now their "reserved spots" for the game. When one of them went for concessions or to the restroom, people were generally good about letting them back in, particularly since they were couples, where one would stay to hold the other's spot.

Then there were people who tried to get in as soon as someone left, with the thought being "I have a standing room ticket, and there's room to stand right here."

The only issue I had was when I stood behind one the husband of the couples and then people in the ADA section stood up in front of them. The wife tried to move over behind the husband (right where I was standing). I kindly let her know that if she was claiming the rail, she didn't just get to move me out of the way when she wanted a new spot, unless she wanted to give up her spot on the rail. She was not enthused about that option.

What are people's thoughts on this?

You move, you lose. You don't get the hold your spot. If you want to do that go buy a more expensive ticket that has a seat and then you have your own spot. No holding spots either...sorry. I wouldn't give one slice of care if I took someones "husbands" spot.

If someone stands up in your way....also out of luck.

Everyone has their own priorities and tolerance levels, but for me personally, that just sounds like a nightmare. No matter how badly I wanted to attend a game, I don't think I could do SRO even if it was my only option. I would just choose to watch it in a bar or in my own house at that point. It also does not help that I get lower back pains when I stand in one place for an extended period of time and that I'm only 5'7" tall.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

You move, you lose. You don't get the hold your spot. If you want to do that go buy a more expensive ticket that has a seat and then you have your own spot. No holding spots either...sorry. I wouldn't give one slice of care if I took someones "husbands" spot.

If someone stands up in your way....also out of luck.

I'd tend to agree here. Those people using rally towels as placemats...nope. Not happening. If someone else wants to let you back to your spot after you go to the bathroom, that's their choice but not something you are entitled to.

As noted above, sounds like a nightmare. So many arguments waiting to happen with standing room only.

I can’t even imagine doing SRO. Sometimes I will stand and watch during a normal regular season game while walking around and it bugs me at 6’2”! A sold out stadium with SRO actually sold?! I can’t even fathom attempting it.

I can’t even imagine doing SRO. Sometimes I will stand and watch during a normal regular season game while walking around and it bugs me at 6’2”! A sold out stadium with SRO actually sold?! I can’t even fathom attempting it.

I did it for game 5 of the NLDS in 2011, bought from a scalper for $60. We scanned the terrace and saw what looked like 2 unclaimed seats up there, and watched from there from the 3rd inning on. It was crazy though, ushers had to keep SRO people out of aisles and there were 30 or 40 people minimum trying to watch from every vantage point.

Its like the people that go to the 4th of July parades and on the 3rd try to "mark" their spots with chalk.

I didn’t know that was a thing. I’ve only seen chairs and blankets.

Its so bad in Cedarburg that the city made an ordinance that chairs couldn't be put of for parades until 7:00pm the night before. People try to claim their spots in chalk now before 7:00 now.

I've done SRO for a few games and it can actually be fun if you get near people that are no complete jerks. I did SRO for game two and stood next to some awesome people and we had a great time.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived