Brewer Fanatic

Other League Division Series Games: LA/ATL, BOS/NYY, HOU/CLE

Eye Black
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Puig says Dodgers in 4.

I watched the clip, and it seemed pretty innocuous. I think getting riled up over that is close to the equivalent of Cubs fans throwing a fit about Jesús saying the Cubs know they have a problem on their hands prior to Game 163.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

For a 100 win team the Yankees don't look all that impressive.

Keep in mind the bottom tier of the AL is probably the worst it has ever been. Every top tier team probably won a good 5-10 games more than they would in a more normal year.

Even so, the Yankees don't look like a playoff team in this game. Sloppy play and just completely destroyed by Boston. The announcers were wondering if they would bring a position player in to pitch.

Don't mind seeing the Braves out of it. No way can I stand the tomahawk chant.

This is exact;y what I was thinking while watching them during the Dodger series.

How can people do that continuously?

It's actually sickening.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Keep in mind the bottom tier of the AL is probably the worst it has ever been. Every top tier team probably won a good 5-10 games more than they would in a more normal year.

Except the Yankees didn't really win that many more against the Royals, Twins, Orioles, and the Blue Jays. They went 35-17 against them which should be within what you would expect a .673 winning percentage is good but not anything abnormal.

Except the Yankees didn't really win that many more against the Royals, Twins, Orioles, and the Blue Jays. They went 35-17 against them which should be within what you would expect a .673 winning percentage is good but not anything abnormal.

But you're saying a 100-win team isn't impressive because they're down 2-1 to a 108 win team?

No I am saying they don't look like a 100 win team by the way they are playing. Also their roster looks more like the 2011 Brewers all offense some defense and good but not great pitching.

Their bullpen is arguably as good as the current Brewers' bullpen (if all guys are healthy/firing correctly) but they also have a modest weakness at starting pitcher, especially since Severino started struggling in the 2nd half.

Basically it comes down to a 108 team beating up on some vulnerable starting pitchers throwing off all of their strengths.

No I am saying they don't look like a 100 win team by the way they are playing. Also their roster looks more like the 2011 Brewers all offense some defense and good but not great pitching.

Their bullpen is arguably as good as the current Brewers' bullpen (if all guys are healthy/firing correctly) but they also have a modest weakness at starting pitcher, especially since Severino started struggling in the 2nd half.

Basically it comes down to a 108 team beating up on some vulnerable starting pitchers throwing off all of their strengths.

Right, the Yankees are still a very good team. The offense is built more like a regular season team, with an offense that can crush bad pitching and post big numbers. You don't see as many hanging breaking pitches and middle middle fastballs in the postseason, need to have a better approach. The Yankees do have the good bullpen, but have been unable to bridge to the good bullpen with the lead against the Red Sox

Don't mind seeing the Braves out of it. No way can I stand the tomahawk chant.

This is exact;y what I was thinking while watching them during the Dodger series.

How can people do that continuously?

It's actually sickening.

The 2 times I enjoyed it: at the 92 All-Star game after Glavine gave up 7 hits in a row our whole section chanted it for him. And after Oregon crushed Florida State in the playoff a couple of their guys at midfield chanted "No means noo-o-o. No means noo-o-o."

I will say that when you look at the Yankees rotation and the Red Sox rotation neither one of them makes sense to be a 100+ win team. The Sox bullpen is downright bad. The Yankees are a poor defensive team that strikes out a ton. These teams have way more holes than you expect a 100+ win team to have.

Archived