Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-07 (NLDS Game #3): Brewers (Miley) at Rockies (Márquez) 3:37 PM CDT [Brewers win 6-0, completing sweep of COL, and are going to the 2018 NLCS!!!]

Eye Black
  • Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And still, "the balk was a pivotal moment."

Please, The Rockies got shut out 10-0 the last two games, and had Jeffress not melted down in the ninth of game one, they might have been shut out in the series.

But if the Rockies hadn't been trailing by so much they wouldn't have brought in their scrub reliever Wade Davis to serve up a couple taters... wait...

Awesome series win! Can't help but be excited about getting back to the NLCS after losing the Cards back in '11 in six games. Gotta bit of a chance for some redemption after that bad taste left in our mouths.

LA will not be easy to beat in seven games even with HFA and I'm sure the broadcasters are praying for an LA-BOS/NYY series for ratings purposes. If this bullpen can stay this lights out and our starters don't completely implode, we gotta legitimate shot at taking the pennant away from LA this year. If they can't take the Dodgers out with the pennant on the line, they'd probably stand little chance against whomever came out of the AL anyways in a WS.

Don't the advertisers buy the "spots" well before the teams are determined. I don't see how the broadcasters or networks really care about the market of the teams involved.

No, they may commit, but final price will be driven by expected viewership potential.

Larger the ratiing and share potential the more they will pay. Advertisers and nets know that and price accordigly

Late to the party but wow what an amazing series boys n girls !!!

11 game winning streak. Home field vs whoever decides to come play us....

The only drawback is we have to sit for 4 full days ... as hot as we are is that good (for the pen arms) or bad cause sometimes when you’re hot you hate a day off. I’ll take good cause of how our outs are gotten!

Great job by CC today going for the throat.

And man I love all you guys!! I may get to actually go to Friday’s game as I’m up

In Wisconsin on vacation - super excited for that possibility !!!!!

Let’s GOOOOOOoOOO!!!

Awesome series win! Can't help but be excited about getting back to the NLCS after losing the Cards back in '11 in six games. Gotta bit of a chance for some redemption after that bad taste left in our mouths.

LA will not be easy to beat in seven games even with HFA and I'm sure the broadcasters are praying for an LA-BOS/NYY series for ratings purposes. If this bullpen can stay this lights out and our starters don't completely implode, we gotta legitimate shot at taking the pennant away from LA this year. If they can't take the Dodgers out with the pennant on the line, they'd probably stand little chance against whomever came out of the AL anyways in a WS.

Don't the advertisers buy the "spots" well before the teams are determined. I don't see how the broadcasters or networks really care about the market of the teams involved.

No, they may commit, but final price will be driven by expected viewership potential.

Larger the ratiing and share potential the more they will pay. Advertisers and nets know that and price accordigly

And the other part is if you don’t deliver all of the rating points you promise, you often have to run “make-good” spots for free to deliver them.

Time to spank the Dodgers. I haven't officially hated them until now. Here's to their fans staying two innings instead of three
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Time to spank the Dodgers. I haven't officially hated them until now. Here's to their fans staying two innings instead of three
The Dodgers are actually my second favorite baseball team, but they are way far down as a number two for me. I hope the Crew crushes them.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

The Dodgers are actually my second favorite baseball team, but they are way far down as a number two for me. I hope the Crew crushes them.

Same here. I'm loving this potential matchup. Rooting for the NL in the World Series no matter what.

I want the Dodgers exhausted after five games... and the Crew well-rested.

No one is a little concerned about the long layoff?

This team has won 11 in a row. They are rolling. Just hoping they don't come out stale after an All-Star break length amount of time off.

I want the Dodgers exhausted after five games... and the Crew well-rested.

No one is a little concerned about the long layoff?

This team has won 11 in a row. They are rolling. Just hoping they don't come out stale after an All-Star break length amount of time off.

I agree with this to an extent, but I also think this team is just really good and should be fine

I don't know if it was because of me (I'll tell myself it was), but there is a video on ESPN.com of Braun praising Jeffress. He referred to him as "JJ." ESPN captioned it as Braun praising Hader. I e-mailed the powers-that-be and told them of the mistake and now I see it's corrected.

I'm amused. I also should go to sleep.

Sometimes its bad luck but it looked like Braun did see it was coming and started to jump but just didnt get both feet off the ground. Would have taken extra effort but I think he would tell you he should have dodged it.

Braun would have had to have been a world class hurdler to avoid the ball there.

Lots of arguing and whiny faces from the rockies this series. Are they always this whiny? Arenado looked like he was gonna cry

If your team performed like the Rockies did in this series you'd cry too.

Archived