Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-07 (NLDS Game #3): Brewers (Miley) at Rockies (Márquez) 3:37 PM CDT [Brewers win 6-0, completing sweep of COL, and are going to the 2018 NLCS!!!]

Eye Black
  • Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The next series vs Dodgers will probably be much tougher to win.

For sure, but this is a tram of destiny!

Nickname settled.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This was not a close series. You expect runs to be scarce in the playoffs, and the Rockies' pitching and defense is no joke, so the complaints about missed opportunities should be taken with a grain of salt. Our pitching and defense is also no joke, though, and the Rockies just wilted.

It's been said many times, but I'll give Stearns huge props for assembling this roster and Counsell for getting the team to buy in to their roles. I admit that I wanted another starter in April, and I wondered what they heck they were doing at the deadline, but the results speak for themselves.

The next series vs Dodgers will probably be much tougher to win.

For sure, but this is a tram of destiny!

Nickname settled.

lol

fixed.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

God, this is so much fun!!!!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Awesome series win! Can't help but be excited about getting back to the NLCS after losing the Cards back in '11 in six games. Gotta bit of a chance for some redemption after that bad taste left in our mouths.

LA will not be easy to beat in seven games even with HFA and I'm sure the broadcasters are praying for an LA-BOS/NYY series for ratings purposes. If this bullpen can stay this lights out and our starters don't completely implode, we gotta legitimate shot at taking the pennant away from LA this year. If they can't take the Dodgers out with the pennant on the line, they'd probably stand little chance against whomever came out of the AL anyways in a WS.

Ryan Braun batted .385 in the series. The guy comes up big when it matters most. His power has been a big part of why we got here, and his getting on, moving base runners, is a big part of why we won here.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

99 wins thus far in 2018.

Ryan Braun batted .385 in the series. The guy comes up big when it matters most. His power has been a big part of why we got here, and his getting on, moving base runners, is a big part of why we won here.

Should have been even higher too if that weird Yelich had been scored a hit.

I am a fan of Braun and really happy he is getting another shot. You can see how bad he wants to win, he knows this could be his last or best shot.

I am a fan of Braun and really happy he is getting another shot. You can see how bad he wants to win, he knows this could be his last or best shot.

Yes, we all realize how few and far between these opportunities are!

Awesome series win! Can't help but be excited about getting back to the NLCS after losing the Cards back in '11 in six games. Gotta bit of a chance for some redemption after that bad taste left in our mouths.

LA will not be easy to beat in seven games even with HFA and I'm sure the broadcasters are praying for an LA-BOS/NYY series for ratings purposes. If this bullpen can stay this lights out and our starters don't completely implode, we gotta legitimate shot at taking the pennant away from LA this year. If they can't take the Dodgers out with the pennant on the line, they'd probably stand little chance against whomever came out of the AL anyways in a WS.

Don't the advertisers buy the "spots" well before the teams are determined. I don't see how the broadcasters or networks really care about the market of the teams involved.

Seeing all these interviews makes it all worthwhile. This is a very tight knit group. Hard not to like them.

And still, "the balk was a pivotal moment."

Please, The Rockies got shut out 10-0 the last two games, and had Jeffress not melted down in the ninth of game one, they might have been shut out in the series.

Archived