Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-07 (NLDS Game #3): Brewers (Miley) at Rockies (Márquez) 3:37 PM CDT [Brewers win 6-0, completing sweep of COL, and are going to the 2018 NLCS!!!]

Eye Black
My flight landed on time and I’m having a coffee about four blocks from the stadium. Definite nip in the air. I’ll go again tomorrow; hope I don’t have. Go Brewers!

That's awesome, gotta assume there will be a fair amount of Brewers fans there with all of the transplants to CO. Bring home a series W!

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was my issue with putting Keon on this roster. Too many want to actually play him. To me, it’s flat out ridiculous it just about any situation other the PR or protecting a big league in like the last inning of the game.

Keon is just a better version of Arcia (better defense, better offense), so I don't see why it's crazy. Having an elite defender in the outfield at Coors is more valuable than you may realize.

Removing one of your hottest hitters in Braun, who is still a big presence in the lineup that is a threat to go deep every time he steps up to the plate, after 4 innings and taking at least 2 maybe 3 at bats away from him is the major downfall. I would want 3 extra at bats from Braun over Broxton every day of the week.

That's completely reasonable and it's what Craig is going to do, but it's not ridiculous to prefer Keon in a stadium where outfield defense is huge. For what it's worth, Braun was worth 1.3 fWAR this season in 125 G, and because of his defense Keon was worth 1.1 fWAR in 51 G even with a down offensive line for him. And keep in mind Braun is at his least effective against RHP.

I will start being nervous when the Rockies can score more than 1 run a game on average. Till then...not too worried.

The Rockies have shown nothing offensively. Even the inning when they did score against Jeffress was a lot of ground balls. One reached on an error and another that was hard hit but went about 10 feet in the air. As always, the question will be if the Brewers offense can keep from crapping the bed with runners on base.

Hourly forecast calling for a better than 50% chance of rain during the game. but looking at the radar I'm not sure where that is coming from. Currently there is a batch of rain far west of Denver, but it seems to be moving straight northward. Then again, I'm not a meteorologist.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Hourly forecast calling for a better than 50% chance of rain during the game. but looking at the radar I'm not sure where that is coming from. Currently there is a batch of rain far west of Denver, but it seems to be moving straight northward. Then again, I'm not a meteorologist.

I am also not a meteorologist, but it appears that any chance of rain at this point would be near the very end of the game (assuming a 3-to-3.5 hour game).

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I will start being nervous when the Rockies can score more than 1 run a game on average. Till then...not too worried.

IIRC, it wasn’t too long ago they put up several double-digit run totals at home. I expect them to turn it up to eleven today, and I think MKE does the same.

The Rockies have shown nothing offensively. Even the inning when they did score against Jeffress was a lot of ground balls. One reached on an error and another that was hard hit but went about 10 feet in the air. As always, the question will be if the Brewers offense can keep from crapping the bed with runners on base.

Exactly, they looked absolutely defeated and frustrated the entire Game 2. Certainly doesn’t look like they are going to turn around that offense with the flip of a switch and it isn’t like it is going to get any easier for them. Wouldn’t shock me if they check out by the 4th inning if they don’t score.

Get up early and let it settle in that the pressure is on them and not us.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Here are the platoon splits and home/away splits for German Marquez. He relies on his breaking stuff to be effective, which doesn’t appear to have played nearly as well at Coors Field this season...

HHomf1H.jpg

Is there a reason they want Freeland pitching tomorrow? Do they just figure Márquez has to start one of the next two days anyway at home so might as well just leave it be? We absolutely shellacked him in Colorado already this year.

I don't miss Arod on the pregame show but we have the obnoxious Harold Reynolds instead. Joe Girardi is good.

How lucky are we that Miller Park has the roof. Now for the next two games we wonder about rain and snow.

I am a little nervous that Miley is going to get hit around today. I wouldn’t be surprised if he struggles through 4 or 5 innings and is replaced in a still close game.

I do expect the Brewers bats to breakout a bit.

It’s all about the first three innings for me. Get after them right away Crew.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Is there a reason they want Freeland pitching tomorrow? Do they just figure Márquez has to start one of the next two days anyway at home so might as well just leave it be? We absolutely shellacked him in Colorado already this year.

I don't know if it was a reason or speculation, but not knowing how Freeland would react after pitching on 3 days rest and wanting to give him an extra day is what I heard.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived