Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-05 (NLDS Game #2): Rockies (Anderson) at Brewers (Chacín) 3:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't watch a lot of national broadcast of any baseball games. Do the announcers generally spend the whole game arguing about "new school" vs "old school"? The ESPN guys were pretty annoying during the tiebreaker game and these guys are getting close.

Not in my experience. AJ has a pretty big chip on his shoulder if you ask me...

Got a bad feeling Chacin will survive by the skin of his teeth for a couple innings and then implode too soon for them to have someone ready. I love the playoff plan overall but I'm not sure how many times Chacin has ever pitched on 3 days rest and I don't think this is a good time to find out how well he can handle it.

Aside from power, Cain's September numbers show that he has been good.

Numbers lie. The eye test clearly shows he hasn't been the same for two or three weeks.

Numbers as in him consistently producing hits and walks?

I don't watch a lot of national broadcast of any baseball games. Do the announcers generally spend the whole game arguing about "new school" vs "old school"? The ESPN guys were pretty annoying during the tiebreaker game and these guys are getting close.

AJ has always been a turd in the punch bowl...

Sort of his way or you won’t hear the end of it. Baseball has evolved . Seems as though David Cone has accepted it and he played even more of his games in earlier years, and it’s almost like he just had shut up and let AJ keep on with some of his rants. It’s funny lol.

That bullet Cain hit to beat the Cubs on Monday gets forgotten quickly. He's spoiled some people here.

Not forgotten. Not spoiled. Just too small of a sample (1), amongst the week(s) several are referencing.

It sure does seem like a theme this postseason...

also, Chacin has got to start batters off with strikes to keep his pitch count in a range where he can go 5-6 innings today.

He's been the worst for sure. I'm sure the producers probably put it in his ear to talk down anything new because you can't have discussions in media anymore. It has to be I'm right and you're wrong and I'm going to put down anything I disagree with.

Archived