Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-05 (NLDS Game #2): Rockies (Anderson) at Brewers (Chacín) 3:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to feed into the "national media doesn't care about us" narrative, it's 12:30am ET and I'm on ESPN's MLB page. Top graphic in the center of the page is Dodgers. Scroll down, next is Red Sox/Yankees. After that is a list of Friday's scores, then recap and videos of Astros. Keep scrolling, articles about the ALDS and previews of Friday's games. Keep scrolling, Dodgers/Braves Game 1.

And THEN, it's Brewers Game 1.

No Game 2 coverage.

What makes me want the Brewers to keep on winning, more than just my fandom is so the national news HAS to talk about them. Watching the FS1 recap with Arod, Big Hurt & Papi. They just showed 5 plays and a total 1 minutes on the Brewers / Colorado game today. Wait til we sweep Colorado and the Dodgers have to come TO Milwaukee. Ya, we are the 1 seed.

Just to feed into the "national media doesn't care about us" narrative, it's 12:30am ET and I'm on ESPN's MLB page. Top graphic in the center of the page is Dodgers. Scroll down, next is Red Sox/Yankees. After that is a list of Friday's scores, then recap and videos of Astros. Keep scrolling, articles about the ALDS and previews of Friday's games. Keep scrolling, Dodgers/Braves Game 1.

No Game 2 coverage.

Yep. Not one headline about Milwaukee on their sight. They've gone all season trying to pretend Milwaukee doesn't exist.

Questions are a burden.   And answers a prison for one's self.

Didn’t we lose a five game series to the pirates?

It was either in the middle of July (right before the All-Star Break), and yes, the Brewers lost all five games, including two in a double header. The team came back from the break to lose a series to the Dodgers, but then started winning series fairly consistently after that.

It felt like that five game sweep sort of woke up the team, though. It kind of reminded me of back in the early part of the 2008 season, when the Brewers were looking good, then got swept by the Red Sox in a three game series in Boston. After the final loss, there were quotes from Ryan Braun about how much more at ease the Red Sox players looked, how the Brewers were playing like they weren't on the same level, etc. It seemed like the team got woken up after that sweep, and started to go on a streak of playing very good baseball.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

No Game 2 coverage.

I think it is just BSPN. You really have to scour their site to find anything about the Crew. :tongue If we end up in the NLCS then they'll have to cover us.

I think A-Rod would rather bait a crocodile with his manhood than give the Brewers any respect.

Don’t we want this though?

Yes it is, and we're all rooting for the crocodile.

Did something happen to him during his summer in Appleton that he finds Wisconsin so off-putting?

No Game 2 coverage.

I think it is just BSPN. You really have to scour their site to find anything about the Crew. :tongue If we end up in the NLCS then they'll have to cover us.

BSPN is just horrible, and that's being kind. I just went to their MLB page and found nothing on the Brewers in their top headlines, but their #2 headline is "Astros fan buys $500 of beer after calling homer".

Archived