Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-05 (NLDS Game #2): Rockies (Anderson) at Brewers (Chacín) 3:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0]

Eye Black
I swear Kratz is costing them strikes

I was going to ask if Kratz is a really bad pitch framer or if it's just perception today.

I have no clue but he doesn’t frame. He snatches the ball and throws it back as quick as possible

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll say again sitting Pina today is madness. There is no explanation for a catcher being unable to play two games in a row. None.

It's not that he can't. It's just that he's not even the starter anymore for reasons we still don't really know for sure.

Whiff! Sit down! Apparently everybody in October leaves RISP less than 2outs, like it's a fad.

Almost like teams in the playoffs tend to have good pitchers....

Well in theory teams in the playoffs have good hitters too.

The throw was bad and I’m not even sure what he could there but the point stands that he is not a 2B.

Looked like he got to the base with all his momentum going to 3rd making him unable to reach back to 2nd. I think a more seasoned 2B has a "sense" when they need to go to the base to cover in order to be settled at the base and react to any throw. I think he was trying to hold out hoping he could not vacate his spot for just a little too long. A throw that is reachable when standing on the base should at least be knocked down.

Soria has been a huge disappointment...time to come through when it matters.

2.93 FIP as a Brewer and some bad luck on ground balls and stuff. He's been fine. I hope they open the pocketbook for him because I don't see them getting a better guy on a 1-year deal. Just pick up his option and have an awesome pen again.

I swear Kratz is costing them strikes

I was going to ask if Kratz is a really bad pitch framer or if it's just perception today.

He is generally known as a very good framer. I never know if those things are accurate or not though. I think he does better at high pitches than low ones usually.

I just found some random plastic o-ring or gasket on my kitchen floor. That's disconcerting. It's clean, though, so I have no idea what it's from.

The shuttle?

Too soon.

I was wondering.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

The throw was bad and I’m not even sure what he could there but the point stands that he is not a 2B.

Looked like he got to the base with all his momentum going to 3rd making him unable to reach back to 2nd. I think a more seasoned 2B has a "sense" when they need to go to the base to cover in order to be settled at the base and react to any throw. I think he was trying to hold out hoping he could not vacate his spot for just a little too long. A throw that is reachable when standing on the base should at least be knocked down.

2B is really a nuance position like you are pointing out. There’s a reason very few who aren’t middle infielders ever play middle infield.

I feel when folks say Shaw can play second they are primarily alluding to fielding ground balls which is more about our shifting than the issues in your post.

Archived