Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-05 (NLDS Game #2): Rockies (Anderson) at Brewers (Chacín) 3:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think you can be so afraid of a double play. Better chance of a hit or fly ball than stealing home.

The intent wasn't to steal home. Anderson takes forever to throw the ball, but he caught Shaw running.

I agree, Shaw was just supposed to straight steal 2nd, and got picked off, so Perez decided to try to make something of it. IMHO

I don't think you can be so afraid of a double play. Better chance of a hit or fly ball than stealing home.

The intent wasn't to steal home. Anderson takes forever to throw the ball, but he caught Shaw running.

I agree, Shaw was just supposed to straight steal 2nd, and got picked off, so Perez decided to try to make something of it. IMHO

But having someone as slow as Shaw steal second is arguably still being too afraid of a DP.

At least they made Anderson throw some pitches that inning

Honestly I am fine if they keep Anderson in the third time through the order. He wasnt fooling nearly as many guys that last inning. We just ran into an out

He was clearly safe. Ridiculous call.

I mean, I wanted him to be safe too but that was in no way a ridiculous call. Desmond threw late and Perez was “there” before the ball was but I didn’t see any part of his hand touch the bag before the tag. I did, however, see four fingers and a palm blocked by Arenado’s foot.

Archived