Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-05 (NLDS Game #2): Rockies (Anderson) at Brewers (Chacín) 3:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0]

Eye Black

HH28bsB.jpg

HH28kiM.jpg

[pre]Rockies Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Blackmon (L) CF 1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF

2. LeMahieu ® 2B 2. Christian Yelich (L) RF

3. N. Arenado ® 3B 3. Ryan Braun ® LF

4. C. Gonzalez (L) RF 4. Jesús Aguilar ® 1B

5. T. Story ® SS 5. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B

6. G. Parra (L) LF 6. Hernán Pérez ® SS

7. Desmond ® 1B 7. Travis Shaw (L) 2B

8. C. Ianetta ® C 8. Erik Kratz ® C

9. T. Anderson (L) P 9. Jhoulys Chacín ® P[/pre]

Link: Brewers Game Notes

TV Broadcast on FS1

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brewers hitters each only have a few plate appearances versus Anderson, but a couple that standout...

Ryan Braun is 5-for-8 with 3 HRs against Anderson.

Travis Shaw is 3-for-5 with 2 doubles and 1 HR against Anderson.

With the next two probable starters for the Rockies being Márquez and Freeland today feels like a really important opportunity to get a win.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I’m feeling great about our chances to get to the WS. Not just the obvious being up 1-0.

Past teams would have collapsed in the top of the ninth but not this team. We held it together after playing a very sloppy game and got the clutch hit. Good luck using analytics to explain that.

We beat Kluber this year, beat Bumgarner, and the Rockies are 0-2 when Marquez starts against us (rocked him in Colorado).

At some point we gotta look at this team and realize they are good and can beat the best of them. We have to go up 0-2 cause I don’t want them clinching in the home clubhouse...too much anxiety with that Game 5.

I agree that today is important just because of the Coor's factor. Their best 2 pitchers at home, used to pitching in that environment is scarier than most matches we could have. I really like our chances in game 5 at home with Chacin starting and a rested bullpen. So for me this game could end up being the key to the series. Then again it is baseball so anything can happen.

As bad as that 9th inning went the other 9 innings basically went perfectly last night. Even in the 9th the Jeffress got the grounders he wanted they just didn't find any gloves. I thought a couple of those off the bat were double plays. Thank goodness that double was just foul.

Also my god that Story AB in the 9th was the one of the worst at bats I have ever seen. I don't think Jeffress came within 2 feet of the strike zone on any of those pitches.

We rocked Anderson the last time we faced him, lets do it again. Everyone but Woodruff is probably available in some capacity, even if it might be only a hitter or two for Burnes, Knebel, and Hader.

I just can't see the Crew losing 3 of 4 to this team.

We're not going to go far against the Dodgers or any of the AL teams if German Marquez is a feared opponent.

I'm curious why Chacin is starting on short rest rather than in Game 3 in Colorado. The Rockies destroy LHP in Coors so why not use Gio/Miley today and not mess with Chacin's schedule??

We're not going to go far against the Dodgers or any of the AL teams if German Marquez is a feared opponent.

I'm curious why Chacin is starting on short rest rather than in Game 3 in Colorado. The Rockies destroy LHP in Coors so why not use Gio/Miley today and not mess with Chacin's schedule??

I think Peralta is going to be first out on Sunday. No inside info, but a strong hunch.

I think they are also lining Chacin up to pitch Game 5 if necessary.

Totally agree.

What will we get, 3 innings from Chacin, 4 if we are REALLY lucky and things are going right? I just don't trust a guy going on short rest with no history of ever doing so previously.

If the plan is to only get him through the line-up one time, then I get it, but will our bullpen be able to do it two days in a row. Chacin for 3, Guerra for 2 or 3?

I also do not trust Jeffress to bounce back today, so I hope we don't need him.

Looking for Brewers blow out today!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The logic would be that Chacin only threw 75ish pitches last game so they might not feel it's like a normal 'short rest' because of that, beyond that I think the largest reason is that if he pitches this game he'll be at full rest for game 5. More reasons would be Miley is ground ball pitcher, so if you're going to give him a start you might as well do it at Coors. Peralta being such a fastball pitcher also logically makes sense to give him his start in Col. So here we are. You can disagree but I think those are a lot of reason that do make sense.

As bad as that 9th inning went the other 9 innings basically went perfectly last night. Even in the 9th the Jeffress got the grounders he wanted they just didn't find any gloves. I thought a couple of those off the bat were double plays. Thank goodness that double was just foul.

Also my god that Story AB in the 9th was the one of the worst at bats I have ever seen. I don't think Jeffress came within 2 feet of the strike zone on any of those pitches.

We rocked Anderson the last time we faced him, lets do it again. Everyone but Woodruff is probably available in some capacity, even if it might be only a hitter or two for Burnes, Knebel, and Hader.

I just can't see the Crew losing 3 of 4 to this team.

Great points. JJ didn’t have it but those ground balls could have easily been outs.

I agree losing 3 of 4 seems unlikely but I don’t like to put Coors in the equation if we don’t have to by winning today.

I think Peralta is going to be first out on Sunday. No inside info, but a strong hunch.

I think they are also lining Chacin up to pitch Game 5 if necessary.

Agree. Peralta is the logical choice to start game 3.

Totally agree.

What will we get, 3 innings from Chacin, 4 if we are REALLY lucky and things are going right? I just don't trust a guy going on short rest with no history of ever doing so previously.

If the plan is to only get him through the line-up one time, then I get it, but will our bullpen be able to do it two days in a row. Chacin for 3, Guerra for 2 or 3?

I also do not trust Jeffress to bounce back today, so I hope we don't need him.

Looking for Brewers blow out today!

Kyle Freeland against the Cubs in the Wild card game says hello

I agree losing 3 of 4 seems unlikely...

According to A-Rod, the Rockies are now in the driver's seat after that loss at Miller Park.

Dunce.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Anyone else think moose’s ball was going to be caught? I couldn’t see a thing until the RFer was shown fielding the ball. How close was it ?

Even with the 2B on the grass it looked like it was over his head easily.

Anyone else think moose’s ball was going to be caught? I couldn’t see a thing until the RFer was shown fielding the ball. How close was it ?

I was sitting on that side 8 rows up, right behind the defender, it happened in the blink of an eye, but at least live, it looked like a pretty safe hit.

Archived