Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-04 (NLDS Game #1): Rockies (Senzatela) at Brewers (Woodruff/Bullpen) 4:07 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2 in 10 Innings -- Blown Save in 9th; Moustakas Walk-Off Hit in 10th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My only bullpen concern tomorrow is how Jeffress will react under pressure if it comes to that again...

Jeffress is the least affected by pressure on this entire team. He can't have a 0.00 ERA though. Had his first bad day in a long time at an unfortunate time.

My only bullpen concern tomorrow is how Jeffress will react under pressure if it comes to that again...

No Hader tomorrow either.

Did they actually say that or is that conjecture?

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Frank Thomas:

"Javy Baez fell asleep at the wheel eight days before the end of the season."

He was calling Baez the MVP before game 163 was played.

These talking head guys suck.

A-Rod sucks.

Yeah, I don't like the Fox Sports crew. They seem to have zero knowledge on either team. Or just baseball. Like, what baseball is. I can't believe they've all played the actual game! For years!

And, yeah, the A-Rod comment about Colorado being in the driver's seat is one of the dumbest things I've heard a commentator/possible human ever say. I thought I may have misheard, so I didn't say anything immediately, but nope.

[sarcasm]Yeah, those guys down one game to none have it all made! I wonder why more teams don't try that?![/sarcasm]

He probably won't be needed with Miley and Gio available, but I'm sure he could pitch in the perfect situation for a batter or two.

I'm not concerned about the pressure, but I am concerned about the 94 MPH "heat." 5 MPH off of what he is capable of...

I'm not concerned about the pressure, but I am concerned about the 94 MPH "heat." 5 MPH off of what he is capable of...

Has he hit 99 this year? I thought he kind of sat comfortably at 96ish?

I'm not totally surprised they pitched to Moose, but throwing him 4 pitches right down the middle, uh, okay. Figured at least they'd throw him 4 junkballs and try to make him chase.

I think the WP earlier in the inning got to Ottovino. A wild pitch with Yelich on third is game over, Rockies lose. Instead, force Moustakas to get the hit.

Wasn’t he hitting 97 or so VS Det? Could be mistaken. This is a mystery however I will say that. And I’m not one to jump to off the wall occurrences....

Pretty sure he's touched 99, but he is never regularly below 97 is he?

Fangraphs has him at sitting at 96. So my concern is hyperbole but not completely invalid.

First fastball under 94 for Brewers was in 10th by Soria.... most ranged from 96-99..... not too shabby

Bring power arm bullpen today, crafty day tomorrow. Need 4 or 5 solid from Chacin tomorrow. Even with days off. We can easily burn up our greatest asset as we move forward if we don’t get innings from true starters. Saving Gonzalez & Miley today was big.

Woodruff has been rolling. He has started all season mostly. Have to think he is decently stretched out to at least give you 85 pitches & be another starter.

Great strategy short term but you make WS verse Indians Sox, Yankees...... having overused arms in pen & only 3 options to give you starter innings is troubling. Woodruff rolls again today, ride it out until he gets in some trouble 3rd time through if he does. 6 innings over 3 is huge difference

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Did they actually say that or is that conjecture?

It's a logical assumption. How often do they use Hader on back to back days? I'm guessing they won't unless they absolutely have to.

My initial reaction to Moose's hit was that DeMathieu snagged it and we're going to the eleventh. I wasn't able to pick up the ball even with the HD. So that took the initial joy out of it. But watching the team celebrating got me into it.

It's a logical assumption. How often do they use Hader on back to back days? I'm guessing they won't unless they absolutely have to.

Yeah, I think he's the "in case of emergency" reliever tomorrow. But I have a tough time seeing him pitch at all. About the only way I think it happens is if the Brewers get out to a big early lead, and the Rockies start chipping away and make it close.

It sure was fun watching him face Carlos Gonzalez, though. Gonzo looked like he wanted to be anyplace but in that batter's box. What a weapon! And the fun thing is, there are several others in that pen that are pitching comparably effective.

It was a well managed game by Counsell, the creative bullpen game went into the 8th with a one-hit shutout. It's just unfortunate the offense wasted opportunities to score the 3rd run and JJ blew the save. But very glad we still won the game which is all that matters.

Woodruff and Burnes both in the starting rotation next year? Really excited about the future of these two guys.

The way Woodruff has pitched since his call-up, I think he's close to a lock for the rotation. Burnes already is. I think Peralta is probably at least in the mix for a rotation spot as well. Add in Nelson (I know, question mark), and not only do they have a deep rotation, they likely have solid trade bait as well. Could we see Anderson and Davies dangled in potential deals?

Woodruff and Burnes both in the starting rotation next year? Really excited about the future of these two guys.

The way Woodruff has pitched since his call-up, I think he's close to a lock for the rotation. Burnes already is. I think Peralta is probably at least in the mix for a rotation spot as well. Add in Nelson (I know, question mark), and not only do they have a deep rotation, they likely have solid trade bait as well. Could we see Anderson and Davies dangled in potential deals?

Peralta could use a little more work - he can be depth in AAA next year along with Zack Brown.

I've been saying Anderson and Davies as highly likely trade candidates for a while. Burnes and Woodruff were Top 100 prospects for a reason.

What a game. What an experience! Let’s get another tomorrow!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Peralta at worse is #6 spot starter & long guy. He has gone 120 to 140 IP this year so don’t think they’d have to worry about his innings too much. With his upside, flashes, & age I think with strong spring he makes Top 5.

Nelson, Chacin, Woodruff, Burnes, Peralta is a rotation I’d love to watch! Nelson not pitching this season was disappointing but an extra 5-6 months to get right before March. Have to believe he is 100% by start of season. Maybe not Ace form right away but you hope. He’s not healthy, you hold onto Anderson or Davies a little longer.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Archived