Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-04 (NLDS Game #1): Rockies (Senzatela) at Brewers (Woodruff/Bullpen) 4:07 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2 in 10 Innings -- Blown Save in 9th; Moustakas Walk-Off Hit in 10th]

Eye Black

So huge to win Game 1 in a best-of-five series.

Holding Colorado to four hits in ten innings is a great performance by the pitching staff.

If the offense can turn some of those RISP chances into crooked numbers in a Game 2 comfortable win, it would be great to have a rested bullpen for games in Denver.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lost in all the justified angst about the Brewers' offensive offensive execution (not a type-o) is that the Rockies look incredibly mediocre from a strategic decision-making standpoint. The Brewers aren't that much more talented but Counsell sure is.

The difference between between Roenicke and Counsell is a chasm. Bud Black = Ron Roenicke

Community Moderator
I can’t wait to back read this thread.

You are gonna know when to stop reading. It was like a bomb of pessimism went off. I get it, though. We went from "have this game in the bag" to "CRAP! in a matter of about 5 minutes."

Based on text messages I thought we lost like 3 times. Checked the score and was like “WOW it’s only tied and we have the winning run on 3rd!”

These game times suck. Glad we pulled

One out just as I got home from work. Looks like the non Yelich hitters need to wake up again. Tomorrow should be interesting

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

One out just as I got home from work. Looks like the non Yelich hitters need to wake up again. Tomorrow should be interesting

I love the game time. My heartbeat can go back down to normal and I’ll be able to fall asleep at my regular time

That’s why Granderson stayed on first, the Rockies were too dumb to walk him with someone standing on first.

Not sure why they were so aggressive.

I agree with that. Grandy/team knew that taking 2nd was going to result in an IBB.

Yup, the announcer said he was going to walk to second on the next pitch...no he won’t. They don’t even want them thinking of walking moose. Of course even if he did it would have been an 0-2. At which point you probably throw him pitches to pressure a K.

Or you know...give him more strike to hit.

I love the game time. My heartbeat can go back down to normal and I’ll be able to fall asleep at my regular time

Yeah, if we had lost this game I would never have been able to fall asleep.

Can we as a fan base stop with the stupid MVP chant? Yelich has already admitted he and the team don’t really like it and people are doing it mid AB...it’s kind of ridiculous to be honest.

When did he say that?

Knebel, Soria, Jeffress, Hader, yes, maybe even Burnes, these guys are going to be available tomorrow. They're all coming into today off 2 days rest and their pitch counts were watched carefully. I don't know why we're worried so much about this.

Crating a narrative that the bullpen game was a bad idea.

I mean I am critical of Counsell at times but they are clearly aware of what they are doing. I'm sure they were well aware that this could be a close game and that extras was possible.

Pen-wise, I thought Counsell did a masterful job of managing things today. Perfect balance of getting the most out of everyone while not overworking them to the point where they wouldn't be available tomorrow. No one threw more than 26 pitches besides Woodruff. Ottavino was worked harder than any Brewer reliever today and I guarantee he'll be available tomorrow. After tomorrow everyone has a guaranteed day off Saturday.

Woodruff is the only guy I don't expect tomorrow, and they may be lining him up to do the same as today thing in Game 3. They've got Chacin going tomorrow, they've got the full arsenal of everyone they used today, and they've got Gio, Miley, Peralta, and Guerra if they need long innings. Heck they may get a nice lead tomorrow, get 5 out of Chacin, turn to Gio for 4, and give everyone else 2 more days off.

They are fine.

Frank Thomas:

"Javy Baez fell asleep at the wheel eight days before the end of the season."

He was calling Baez the MVP before game 163 was played.

These talking head guys suck.

A-Rod sucks.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived