Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-04 (NLDS Game #1): Rockies (Senzatela) at Brewers (Woodruff/Bullpen) 4:07 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2 in 10 Innings -- Blown Save in 9th; Moustakas Walk-Off Hit in 10th]

Eye Black
This EXACTLY what I feared with Craig and his stupid bullpen day..it blew up on him, AND they have used all their best relievers, so who is available for tomorrow??

Burnes, Knebel, Hader and Jeffress all threw less than 30 pitches. All should still be available tomorrow. I doubt Hader goes, but the rest of them should be fine.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone in the pen was bound to give up something. Blame the guys leaving a small village on the bases today and poor pinch hitting choices early.

The offense gets plenty of blame too, but Jeffress didn't do his job regardless.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

This EXACTLY what I feared with Craig and his stupid bullpen day..it blew up on him, AND they have used all their best relievers, so who is available for tomorrow??

Again, it wasn't the bullpen that failed to cash in on runs multiple times during the game. The bullpen threw 8 scoreless innings and probably more.

I'm going back to that Santana PH in the 3rd. That was pretty asinine at the time, and even more asinine now.

Yep. I can't believe a few were defending that. It made no sense then and looks even worse now.

If Keon Broxton is who you need to send up for your biggest scoring chance when you're carrying 14 position players, you screwed up.

I’m happy we didn’t leave Keon in for defensive purposes now.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I don’t think that’s what he’s meant but I agree with him that it’s been a great baseball game. Hope we can pull it out in the end.

Yeah and of course I was reacting to top of ninth but he went for holier than thou routine.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Gotta win it in the bottom of this inning.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm going back to that Santana PH in the 3rd. That was pretty asinine at the time, and even more asinine now.

Yep. I can't believe a few were defending that. It made no sense then and looks even worse now.

If Keon Broxton is who you need to send up for your biggest scoring chance when you're carrying 14 position players, you screwed up.

Yep, that was a definite miss. Of course, if Domingo hits a bomb there, this one is likely over.

Broxton was put in for defense.

Soria gets us through 10th at least we got only 2 hitters that can do crap with a baseball today. Everyone just looks pathetic up there. Perez at the plate is just useless.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Again, it wasn't the bullpen that failed to cash in on runs multiple times during the game. The bullpen threw 8 scoreless innings and probably more.

Yep. The bullpen day worked just fine, that has nothing to do with where we're at right now, in fact it's probably the reason we're still playing.

Everyone who pitched today is likely available tomorrow with the exception of Woodruff. This is the playoffs. They get days off on days when there's not a game.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

He's not in the field.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

He did help the Rockies defense big time

Broxton isn’t playing defense.... correct?

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Yeah the pitching issue is now a problem but having Perez and Shaw and Broxton be unable to put a ball in play against unknown pitchers is the killer. Not shocking though as it's happened all year. Doesn't appear as if it's been addressed in any meaningful way.

Needs to be addressed more next year. Brewers went down from 1500 some Ks to 1400 some Ks. Still bottom third of teams. Astros K around 1000 as a team. More contact.

There was and is no defense for this move leading off a 0-0 game in the third inning. It's like Craig figured Rockies suck so we won't need him.

Archived