Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-04 (NLDS Game #1): Rockies (Senzatela) at Brewers (Woodruff/Bullpen) 4:07 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2 in 10 Innings -- Blown Save in 9th; Moustakas Walk-Off Hit in 10th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Hernan hitting like .186 since Sept 1
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

That was a bad call lol not surprised tho

You aren’t overturning that, sorry. You can’t see anything on the video, nothing. It’s a blurry mess.

Think he got in there cause the glove moved back after he had his foot on but yep that wasn’t being overturned. If he called him safe, I don’t think that would have been overturned either

The announcers are right. We blew our best relievers and the Rockies have all theirs left. We are in trouble

That is the risk of this pitching strategy. It only takes one guy being off to blow it up.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

The announcers are right. We blew our best relievers and the Rockies have all theirs left. We are in trouble

That is the risk of this pitching strategy. It only takes one guy being off to blow it up.

Yup. JJ killed us but it could have been any one to do it. Now we have only 11 pitchers on our roster for the series.

11 man staff in order to carry Broxton and Hernan is looking terrible. Shambles already.

Since they went bullpen games they had to carry extra pinch hitters and double switch guys.

The downside of not having true starting pitchers.

I get that but this is what I was afraid of especially if you can't use Hader back to back games. I cannot recall another team using 11 in a 5 games series lately. Will have to check on Brave and Dodgers but going to Coors field with 11 is asking for trouble.

The strategy worked fine. The offense being the crappy offense we saw 85% of the year is what might cost the game.

What a joke of a game.

I actually think its been a great game. Don't know what game you are watching?

Glad you're a purist and "just enjoy watching good baseball". I'm sure the top of the ninth was great fun for you watching a team grind out two runs to tie it up.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Brewers have a short bench. Better win this quick.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

What a joke of a game.

Glad you're a purist and "just enjoy watching good baseball". I'm sure the top of the ninth was great fun for you watching a team grind out two runs to tie it up.

That half inning sucked. The game has been great. A joke would have been if the Brewers were down 8-2.

What a joke of a game.

Better than 3 for the lead.

What a joke of a game.

I don’t think that’s what he’s meant but I agree with him that it’s been a great baseball game. Hope we can pull it out in the end.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Yeah the pitching issue is now a problem but having Perez and Shaw and Broxton be unable to put a ball in play against unknown pitchers is the killer. Not shocking though as it's happened all year. Doesn't appear as if it's been addressed in any meaningful way.

Archived