Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-04 (NLDS Game #1): Rockies (Senzatela) at Brewers (Woodruff/Bullpen) 4:07 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2 in 10 Innings -- Blown Save in 9th; Moustakas Walk-Off Hit in 10th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was screaming and pointing. Too loud to hear anything.

From 5 feet away?

Yelich was probably immediately aware that Desmond didn't catch it. That wasn't the problem. The problem (not really a mistake) was he turned back and then stumbled trying to reverse direction a second time.

He thought he was doubled up on the tag

Yelich was probably immediately aware that Desmond didn't catch it. That wasn't the problem. The problem (not really a mistake) was he turned back and then stumbled trying to reverse direction a second time.

He had no idea Desmond didn't catch it. He thought he had been doubled off. You can see in his reaction - he gave up, thinking the play was over.

Just unlucky. If the play goes as it should (Desmond catching it), it's the same result at best, just with a different runner.

Come on Aguilar, not a good AB.

That strike call was a joke. This umpire has been all over the place all game (both for and against us)

Yeah, that's gotta be insanely difficult for the hitters. I mean, if the ump is calling an inch or two off the plate, you can adapt a bit as long as he's doing it the full game. When he's calling it a strike one time, then a ball the next three, then a strike the next two, then no one knows what to do.

He had no idea Desmond didn't catch it. He thought he had been doubled off. You can see in his reaction - he gave up, thinking the play was over.

Just unlucky. If the play goes as it should (Desmond catching it), it's the same result at best, just with a different runner.

Completely agree. It’s the one time when trying to do the right thing came back to bite them. Completely unlucky

I see no problem with the Yelich play, or Braun getting thrown out earlier.

Sincerely,

Carlos Gomez

CarGo would never have done the same as Yelich. He would have been off running and gotten thrown out going to third. :laughing

Braun has a right to be mad. He wants to win, and that was an opportunity to have two runners on with no outs up 2-0 in the 6th of a playoff game. It was a blatant baserunning snafu from Yelich. It happens. I'm sure both are over it already.

How was that a snafu. There is nothing Yelich could have done there where the ball was in and out of Desmond's glove and it looked like a catch. If anything he ended up screwed because he was too on top of things.

Strike three aside, I've been really impressed with how well Arenado sees the ball (that pitch was more Knebel being nasty than Arenado failing). Plus, every swing looks like he's going to jack one.

Knebel was kind of rolling. I am not a huge fan of taking him out when he has it going, even if the matchup makes more sense. I'd leave Knebel in and start Josh out with a fresh inning (hoping, of course, Knebel can get the out.)

I think the goal is probably to keep him available tomorrow. At 25 pitches thrown he could probably come in for a couple outs tomorrow, you up that to 30+ and you can't use him.

Braun has a right to be mad. He wants to win, and that was an opportunity to have two runners on with no outs up 2-0 in the 6th of a playoff game. It was a blatant baserunning snafu from Yelich. It happens. I'm sure both are over it already.

How was that a snafu. There is nothing Yelich could have done there where the ball was in and out of Desmond's glove and it looked like a catch. If anything he ended up screwed because he was too on top of things.

If he's watching the ball, he at least makes it a play at 2nd. Tough luck, but it is definitely a baserunning error.

Archived