Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-04 (NLDS Game #1): Rockies (Senzatela) at Brewers (Woodruff/Bullpen) 4:07 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2 in 10 Innings -- Blown Save in 9th; Moustakas Walk-Off Hit in 10th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Couldn’t ask for a better start for Woodruff. Now let’s score some runs.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So, the roadmap here is:

A) score runs

B) Burnes pitches 4th-6th inning

C) Hader/Knebel for 7th and 8th (Hader coming on for whichever inning has Blackmon, although Blackmon's splits are pretty even...)

D) JJ to put a bow on it.

E) Pints all around!

Sounds simple...

Some folks may not like the bullpen start, but you can’t deny that Woodeuff was effective today.

Yeah, but I don't think it's sustainable. It's not going to last the farther we go this postseason. They need to add a TOR guy this offseason.

I have to question that move. Take out Woodruff who was cruising, to use your best pinch hitter with no one on base?

Don't like that at all...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Some folks may not like the bullpen start, but you can’t deny that Woodeuff was effective today.

Yeah, but I don't think it's sustainable. It's not going to last the farther we go this postseason. They need to add a TOR guy this offseason.

It will be fine for the postseason with all the days off.

Do you have anything to prove it's not sustainable? These bullpen-type games are relatively uncharted territory, so it seems premature to call it unsustainable.

Archived