Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-04 (NLDS Game #1): Rockies (Senzatela) at Brewers (Woodruff/Bullpen) 4:07 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2 in 10 Innings -- Blown Save in 9th; Moustakas Walk-Off Hit in 10th]

Eye Black

HGSoslc.jpg

HGSpCoY.jpg

[pre]Rockies Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Charlie Blackmon (L) CF 1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF

2. DJ LeMahieu ® 2B 2. Christian Yelich (L) RF

3. Nolan Arenado ® 3B 3. Ryan Braun ® LF

4. David Dahl (L) LF 4. Travis Shaw (L) 2B

5. Trevor Story ® SS 5. Jesús Aguilar ® 1B

6. Carlos González (L) RF 6. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B

7. Ian Desmond ® 1B 7. Manny Piña ® C

8. Chris Iannetta ® C 8. Orlando Arcia ® SS

9. Antonio Senzatela ® P 9. Brandon Woodruff (L) P[/pre]

Link: Brewers Game Notes

TV Broadcast on FS1

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This isn't the optimism thread so I can say: hope the As game isn't a cautionary tale for bullpening...

I get why the A's did it. Look at that Yankee lineup, then look at who the A's have been trotting out to start games for them. Would you have trusted Mike Fiers or Trevor Cahill to get through that lineup?

Really no excuse losing this game. Pretty much everything that can go in our favor is going in out favor. Electric home crowd, we are white hot, bullpen gaming it, pretty average pitcher for the Rockies. Pretty much shooting ourselves in the foot if we blow this game. Would be nice if our multi inning guys can get it done today and keep the elite relievers fresh for tomorrow.

The day is here! Time to rock and roll!

Two of the hotter teams. The Brewers played some arguably tougher competition on their roll, and no reason we should not jump all over Colorado. Even if the season series plays out in this series we should take it in 4 or 5. LETS GOOOOOOO!

I usually work until 4:30. Going to try to sneak out at 4 pm. Listen to the first couple innings on the radio in the car.

I wish I could go to one of the games this week, but already used up an unexpected absence on game 163 this monday. Totally worth it! Need to start requesting vacation time in October for the next couple years :)

This isn't the optimism thread so I can say: hope the As game isn't a cautionary tale for bullpening...

Are you completely certain that Mike Fiers throwing 100 pitches might not have also given up 2 early runs?

The Brewers are going to do something similar, I think, but it's not an elimination game yet.

-Someone like Taylor Williams starts to face Blackmon and a few righties. Him or maybe Soria.

-If the game is tied or the Brewers take the lead, the Brewers go to Miley because the Rockies probably put some lefties in the lineup after that.

-If the Brewers get down, we still may see Miley. Because the A's got down in an elimination game, they worked mostly backwards with their bullpen to try to preserve the game.

Woodruff. I like it.

CC is either an evil genius or an idiot and my text threads tell me I am quite torn on the subject. Anyhow, I have backed Woodruff all year and continue to say he will be a good MLB starter some day. Hope today is that day. Leeeeeettttttttttts Goooooooooooooooooo!

Interesting...

Not judging, only want success for the team, but it's odd he couldn't crack the starting rotation during the season, but can do so in the playoffs.

I'm sure he won't go more than a couple innings, so does it really count as a start?

Man, this game can't start soon enough!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Yeah I’m a big Woodruff guy so obviously love this decision. Go Brewers!

Same, looking forward to he and Burnes in the rotation next year!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Interesting...

Not judging, only want success for the team, but it's odd he couldn't crack the starting rotation during the season, but can do so in the playoffs.

I'm sure he won't go more than a couple innings, so does it really count as a start?

I get the feeling that his September numbers impressed the heck out of Counsell and Stearns. I know they impressed the heck out of me. Pitched 12.1 innings in September, giving up one ER with 16 Ks. Was hitting 98 on the gun with regularity.

I've always really liked Woodruff, but he took a huge step in September.

I think the Brewers are being too cute by half in calling this a bullpen game, rather than having one of their regular (Miley or Gonzalez) starters go 3-4 innings. I get that the Rockies hit lefties well, but have some confidence in the guys that got you to the playoffs.

In Counsell We Trust, but the best recipe for today is to put up some early offense.

Interesting...

You answered your own thought with that question. Woodruff + (situational decision) + back end of the bullpen is just as good as Miley + bullpen.

Woodruff could go 3 if he's dealing and he doesn't have many dangerous situations with guys on base and a tough lefty batting. Or Woodruff could just get through Arenado, Story, etc. and we then go to Miley for 4 innings. If the Rockies have a threat early, we may need to try to put the fire out early and hope for length later.

I think the Brewers are being too cute by half in calling this a bullpen game, rather than having one of their regular (Miley or Gonzalez) starters go 3-4 innings. I get that the Rockies hit lefties well, but have some confidence in the guys that got you to the playoffs.

In Counsell We Trust, but the best recipe for today is to put up some early offense.

I'd argue that Hader, Jeffress, Soria, Burnes, Knebel, Woodruff, etc. got the Brewers to the playoffs with some help from Miley, Chacin, Gio.

Archived