Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-02 (& 03): Wild Card Playoff Games

Eye Black

He was definitely out, you could see the glove move when the tag hit his arm.

The Rockies have to be so frustrated with the strike zone here. That is at least the 7th or 8th ball called a strike just off the plate now. I mean they have to adjust to it but it is so annoying.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thus far, there doesn't appear to be a team on this field that I'd prefer the Brewers play - they both look kinda bad...

The Rockies pitching is much more appealing to me than potentially having to face three formidable lefties (Lester, Quintana, Hamels). Our bullpen can shut down the Colorado offense, no problem.

thus far, there doesn't appear to be a team on this field that I'd prefer the Brewers play - they both look kinda bad...

The Rockies pitching is much more appealing to me than potentially having to face three formidable lefties (Lester, Quintana, Hamels). Our bullpen can shut down the Colorado offense, no problem.

Not sure I agree. Freeland was very clearly the best pitcher in this game. Lester got hit very hard and had the ump working heavily in his favor all game long. Marquez vs Quintana is probably a wash for me. I would take Hamels over Senzatela or Gray though. Rockies have an advantage in the bullpen right now consider the Cubs are missing a few guys.

It "feels" to me like the Cubs are going to pull this out somehow.

Playing at Wrigley and the Rockies unable to get anything going offensively...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Maddon is pulling Lester, who was pretty close to dominant tonight, after 6. To go to his gassed bullpen.

If this game doesn't work out for the Cubs, that one is going to be questioned.

Maddon talked about giving Lester a longer leash tonight than most pitchers. Yes, this decision may come back to torment him.

Well, 6 innings is a super long leash considering how Maddon loves going to to the pen. Still, I would have given Lester at least another inning ... or simply just let him go until he gets in trouble. He looked dominant after the 1st inning.

And to go to Chavez, who just went 2 against the Brewers yesterday? Playing with fire.

Yes he does tend to over manage however Hendricks went 8 and Hamels went 7 in key games this weekend. Lester is unforgivingly pissed. And yes Chavez put up a zero so all is good right? Go Rockies!

Not sure I agree. Freeland was very clearly the best pitcher in this game. Lester got hit very hard and had the ump working heavily in his favor all game long. Marquez vs Quintana is probably a wash for me. I would take Hamels over Senzatela or Gray though. Rockies have an advantage in the bullpen right now consider the Cubs are missing a few guys.

Yeah, preferring the Rockies is strictly emotional for me. Though Freeland couldn't go until Game 3, and Marquez looked hittable yesterday. Honestly, I just can live with losing to the Rox. Losing to the Cubs would take some of the joy out of yesterday, and that would be a crying shame.

Freeland was an absolute stud tonight. Huge stage, and the young guy came through. If the pen holds up, the Rockies move on.

This is a great story line - young gun outduels savvy veteran Hope it holds up

I have the opposite feeling. Think they're going to get shut out and then overreact by signing Machado to $300 million.

I think Bryce Harper is already a Cub. That doesn't really bother me much, though. They'll keep outside spending, and we'll keep finding deals and building from within.

How will our pitching hold up in the thin air of COL?

I actually think the big outfield would play to our advantage.

That is kind of what I was thinking as well. Can you imagine Cain and Yelich with all of that open green space to aim towards?

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived