Brewer Fanatic

2018-10-02 (& 03): Wild Card Playoff Games

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Be great to get into the Cubs' pen early.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which team would you rather face? Cubs seems to be struggling while Rockies are white hot.

I don't think my blood pressure could handle a Cubs series. I hate them so much. I could handle losing to the Rockies.

That is verbatim where I am at as well. Right now it feels like we conquered that mountain and I am ready to take on a different challenger regardless of which team is a perceived tougher current matchup.

I don't see much difference between the two teams. Both pens are weak. Both rotations are solid. Both lineups can be dangerous. The Cubs just look eminently more beatable right now but the Brewers are better than either of them.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Lester throwing 8 pitch innings won't help

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Think the Rockies worry me more then the Cubs.

Arenado and Story and the rest of that offense could get them the lead early which is obviously not the game plan we want.

Will be lots of pressure to win the first 2 games here so as not to have to go to Colorado and face their top 2 pitchers on Sunday/Monday.

I am enjoying the Statcast edition of the broadcast on ESPN2. I don’t know if I would want to watch it for a game in which I had a rooting interest, but enjoyable for this type of game.

Very Cool. I am enjoying that. The "directional outs above average" graphic was really cool.

I am enjoying the Statcast edition of the broadcast on ESPN2. I don’t know if I would want to watch it for a game in which I had a rooting interest, but enjoyable for this type of game.

Very Cool. I am enjoying that. The "directional outs above average" graphic was really cool.

I agree! I had never seen that before, I really liked that graphic.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Lester throwing 8 pitch innings won't help

Getting into their pen early won't matter much...word is Cole Hamels will be next man up tonight.

Even better.

This is how petty I am... anybody got a picture of the team flags flying at Wrigley tonight?

And you have your answer. :)

Ugh, I missed it. Did they switch it?

They showed the flagpole after Rizzo's flyout. Despite calm winds, it was obvious the gold flag was on top.

I had no idea that DJ LeMahieu spent five years as a youth living in Madison.

Was that mentioned on the air?

Yes, on the Statcast broadcast (ESPN2) they said he is somewhat of a Midwesterner because even though he was born in California, he spent 5 years at somepoint growing up in Madison, WI and then moved to Michigan before HS apparently.

Here is a screenshot of it if others are interested...

Doi0_utV4AA50ag?format=jpg&name=small

Arenado and Story and the rest of that offense could get them the lead early which is obviously not the game plan we want.

Will be lots of pressure to win the first 2 games here so as not to have to go to Colorado and face their top 2 pitchers on Sunday/Monday.

Yeah it's kind of be careful what you wish for. The Rockies are really dangerous and playing very well. I can understand why people don't want the Cubs but you could argue really easily that the Rockies are a tougher matchup.

Yeah it's kind of be careful what you wish for. The Rockies are really dangerous and playing very well. I can understand why people don't want the Cubs but you could argue really easily that the Rockies are a tougher matchup.

My brain wants the Cubs, but my heart wants the Rockies, if that makes any sense. I don't know if my nerves could take a five-gamer vs. the Cubs. Yesterday was rough.

Archived